1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NRMA or Shannons

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by ruby6689, Jun 15, 2018.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

We have just moved interstate and have had to put our 3 on full rego (QLD Special Interest rego is way too restrictive) so our Shannons policies have increased.
    We will not be using the Kombis any more so I was a bit put off and decide to shop around
    NRMA quoted over $500 savings, on the 3 together not each, and also offer a Roadside Assist free with the same benefits as NRMA Premium Care if you are over 100 Klms from home.
    I currently pay 4 Premium care premiums so this would be a further saving.
    Does anyone else have NRMA and what Extra Roadside Assist have you got to cover that first 100 Klms? Knowing our luck we would break done 99klms from home!
    Just trying to reduce overall costs as our regos went from $46 each a year to over $750 EACH

2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Use RACQ for house (building &contents), CTP and other cars insurance ....... we did shop around but they have worked out cheapest but with all things other may have different experience. RACQ Membership levels differ according to cover you want - roadside assist cover we have covers all cars .... would need to pull out paperwork to confirm but know towing, rental car and accommodation covered :rolleyes:

3. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Mmmm......... i have a heap of policies with NRMA abd never been offered free road side assist

shaven likes this.
  4. Uke Baby

Uke Baby Active Member

I’ve got 2 cars insured with NRMA classic vehicle insurance and the free roadside assist is what attracted me to NRMA when shopping around. It’s called Traveller Care. There are a few subtle differences between traveler care and their premium care, none of which seem to effect Kombis (or my beetle). I have Classic Care on one one car for local breakdowns but not on the other. I figure I’ll fix it myself on the side of the road if I break down or if I can’t fix it, join up at the time. Check out RACQs roadside assist as they have a scheme that is driver specific rather than vehicle specific. E G, roadside assist is provided for any vehicle that is being driven by a driver that is a member.

5. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Is it only offered on Classic Vehicle Insurance?

6. shaven

shaven Active Member

Barry same... we have our houses, contents + Premium Care... time for a chat with them I think!!!

7. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Like Shannons and T3 - not a classic/vintage yet but when it's 30+ yrs old then they class it so ;)