1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NSW Historic Rego.....here we go!

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by ruby6689, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Will be putting my Kombi on Historic plates as well. I barely use it 60 days now. Just over once a week.

ruby6689 and melissa like this.
  2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I put the 75 on Historic rego today - total cost of $90 for 1 year with 60 days use. Cost me $154 to transfer the BAY075 plates over to the 74!!

burnsy62, ruby6689 and Grantus like this.
  3. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

That $90 would have included the one off fee for the new plate, so rego will be even cheaper next year, Under $50 including green slip. Bargain.
    When you let Shannons know about the plate change you will also get a reduction in premium and excess to $200. They will also refund any pro rata unused insurance.

4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I notified Shannons but I pay by the month so my instalments went down (but not by a huge amount) but any saving is worth it in the long run.
    Yes its $44 for the one off plate fee.

ruby6689 likes this.
  5. Leighton

Leighton Member

I have read through the post and it looks like I have to find a club near me to get my kombi onto historic or classic plates? does the kombi club forum not count as a club? with the events and meetings held online each day? Can the kombi club please look into this as I think we already have a club.

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

We don't.
    Its a forum.
    A club must be incorporated as per relevent legislation and perform all required functions.

7. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Spot on Cbus. Forums are not bound by rules & legislation. It called a club because that's the 'domain name' but other that what we do as a collective there are no boundaries (except for Moderators approvals ...or not;))
    This 'club' is not 'incorporated' with all 'registered entities' & necessary 'memorandums & articles of association' which bind the actions of the 'incorporated identity'. Thus the government doesn't recognise any actions of the collective:p.
    Just a bunch of like minded owners/supporters here;):D.
    Try this:
    http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads...ersion-engineers-report-required.55663/page-2 post 25
    Cheers

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  8. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

In Victoria Clubs need to be "authorised'" by Vicroads who list the approved Clubs. Check with NSW authority?

9. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Same in NSW. Just needs to be authorised by the RMS and registered, not incorporated. I don't think that you can BS the RMS on this one.

10. reelmick

reelmick Member

you will find a previous post by me on this topic ,most clubs set there own rules and the club i'm in just changed some bylaws to now include still doing own rego checks but that member must be a licenced mechanic ,(soon to be RMS compulsory )also there 5km out and 5km back run is dropped and now must be listed on the 60 day log sheet if there on the 60 day log,(you don't have to be) .there are some vintage caravans in the club ,and also some not standard ,those plates start with M instead of H. Mick

11. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

And for Qld at least it appears that some clubs have the one year wait rule but others don't.
    Same applies re inspections.

12. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

List of recognised clubs for NSW Historic rego here.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...le-clubs.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2hjXJHBzIm7zpdRJg5qHmD

Each club has it's own set of rules, some require you to attend some meetings/events. Some clubs are able to provide you with your roadworthy so you don't have to get a pink slip. Our club, the 'Byron Bay Car Club' for instance charges you a $50 per year membership and this includes all roadworthy certificates (in our case 3 Kombi, 1 vintage caravan).

13. peter1000

peter1000 Active Member

Hey Cbus do you have any more info on costs and usage in qld not many posts from banana benders on this topic
    hi from pete

14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Hi Pete.
    From memory and info off members...
    Both clubs discussed $50 per yr membership.
    No waiting time.
    No compulsory meetings.
    Another club more anal and insisted on own safety checks and attend some meetings.

Check transport dept website for their details.
    Rego cost?
    Had to be the green n white or a personalised plate.
    Travel to any club or other registered club events.
    15km from registered address anytime for testing.
    Anywhere for repairs etc but pays to have that confirmed by a booking.
    Some charitable or such events.
    Will dig out a link.
    Cheers

15. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

16. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

As mentioned in some previous threads, State authority demands certain requirements, Clubs can apply their own extra criteria. Check the State authority web page and then ask the club what they require above and beyond. The clubs do have some responsibilities applying the schemes.
    The Club rego schemes were initiated for Clubs to promote the use of historic and classic club vehicles, not just a 'cheap' rego scam.

KahunaKombi and cbus like this.
  17. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I don't know about now but Club VeeDub Sydney used to be 100% with the regulations for fear of losing their accreditation. I know of at least one person that had his registration cancelled and the Police were notified.

KahunaKombi likes this.
  18. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Recall hearing of another VW Club that had issues also which resulted in stricter adherence to governing rules put in place ;) ....... only takes one to ruin it for everyone :(