1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nsw rego help

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Happy_Camper, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Happy_Camper

Happy_Camper Active Member

Hey guys,
    So I'm doing a resto at the moment and we've put a new engine in, just wondering what we do when it comes to getting a blue slip? I've got no previous rego papers for the kombi.
    Cheers

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Do you have any proof of ownership documents like a receipt from the previous owner? Does it still have old rego plates on it? Any old workshop receipts with possibly the rego number written on it?

3. Happy_Camper

Yep have a receipt, no old plates but I have what is believed to be the old rego number, was a odd sort of guy I brought it off who refused to give me the plates.
    Cheers

4. melissa

Don't stress too much. You should be able to get your blue slip from a licensed inspector without previous rego papers. The blue slip will be the start of your paperwork collection along with your receipt from when you bought it. The blue slip will have the motor number and the chassis number and hopefully your visit to the RTA (Service NSW now) will not be too difficult. Your greenslip wont be as straightforward as a normal renewal - you have to take the paper copy with you to the RTA - you can't do the online version like a renewal, so keep that in mind as well. I have been through it myself where it took 4 trips to the RTA in 1 day after the blue slip guy made a mistake on the blue slip. Got there in the end.

5. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

After the resto on my '63 SC I went to the RTA with receipt in hand and they refused the receipt as it did not contain the chassis number. I wound up signing a stat dec at the RTA office to say that the purchase was genuine. All went well from there.

Ian

6. Happy_Camper

Okay thanks guys, sounds like fun! Hopefully if I'm friendly to the rta they'll be friendly back.
    And hopefully there's no issues have a different engine number.
    It's all a part of the journey I guess:rolleyes:
    Cheers

7. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Have you read this one ? :
    Becoming roadworthy?
    Another member going through the sameā€¦..
    Cheers,
    Mark

8. Mcfly

Mcfly New Member

Mate-Im in the same boat but in Qld-just this minute been down to transport department,I have no previous rego papers but was told that as long as I have roadworthy cert and receipt of purchase all I have to do is pay the $$,plates are mine and I'm good to go.Sigh-my mechanic just rang and told me that back brake shoes are shot-oh well what's another $400 (about the cost of seatbelts which I thought were last piece of the puzzle).Be all worth it when I'm cruisin down to Yamba next school holidays

ruby6689 and melissa like this.
  9. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

10. Happy_Camper

There's always something isn't there.... It's a never ending story..... Hopefully once that's done you're good to go

Agree that $400 seems steep, going to have a go at this job soon, doing the lot while I'm there, lines, cylinders, etc... Should be fun haha.
    Cheers Guys

11. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

12. Mcfly

Mcfly New Member

Oh gee now seeds of doubt are sown-thanks for the heads up.Will be checking details before committing-)

13. Mcfly

Mcfly New Member

Loving this site by the way-heaps of good advice.Thanks all

14. Happy_Camper

Yep it's been great to refer to this site throughout my resto.
    Cheers

15. melissa

Attitude goes a long way so just be super nice - all it takes is someone to be having a bad day and if you bite back, they can make things really difficult when it doesn't need to be :)
    Good luck.

16. Happy_Camper

Yep they're in the box seat, kindness is everything...

melissa likes this.