1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Bar 2009

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Tony O, Oct 2, 2009.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Great shots everyone - hope to get there next year and see if I can drag my brother up from The Entrance (but then maybe not :))

2. winerot

winerot Active Member

3. redhotchilliwilli

redhotchilliwilli New Member

dingo . its an old import that was converted here ,jeff fixed up the conversion in this resto as the first attempt was pretty sh*t . it managed to win best presented at old bar and is one of the best in australia . he use to be known as ozjeff here but no longer .

4. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Thanks Grant - these guys were a bit underqualified to judge but who cares - I had a great time regardless of the trophy.

Its like being a kid in a candy store with wall to wall kombis on one field - awesome!

5. Animal

Animal Active Member

old bar

:D Great to catch up with everyone on sunday we really missed not camping with you all but know the folks have the caravan at harrington we have to use it.
    Seein all those splittys has really got me keen to finish off wendys bus, and all goin well will be done by early 2010 definitly goin to valla in it.
    See yall at manly.

Shauno

6. StenchOfGoat

StenchOfGoat New Member

Nah mate, Docs panel still running sprintstars. (and looking great) Check the ferris wheel pic with mine and Dions.

7. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Re: split camper. thanks guys - looks magic. Just jumped right off the page - don't see too many of those in Aus, which is a real shame.

re: red panels. Yes I got a bit bewildered at all that red without the distraction of windows. I was a rabbit in red, panelly headlights. They both look hot, but I'll be honest. Pictures of beerdoc's just aren't the same without daryl.

8. tzorzo

tzorzo New Member

Hi.
    This was our first trip away to a Kombi event. The last time I was in Old Bar was 1979. How the place has changed. Anyway thank you to the many owners that we met for the first time and look forward to joining you at other events in the future.
    Al;so Hi to the Kombi owners from my old home town of Nimbin.
    Cheers
    from Tony and Jan.

9. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Thought this was an interesting image - Kanga Banga stretched and chopped! :lol:

[​IMG]

10. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

thats Mandy's beautiful purple splitty...I just luv her "hippy style" car bra:) ...

11. kom123

kom123 New Member

Well I think apart from Ryan and family (The Forbes Soaring Bus), we are the only Old Bar Festival people left at Lanis. As with last year, after everyone left the weather fined up!! Even got in some swimming at the beach and in the pool. Has been windy all week and weather looking iffy now but we'll relax until Saturday anyway :)

12. karoy24

karoy24 New Member

Great Weekend

Hi all

This was our first trip away to a Kombi event. Woohooo our work horse made it there and back - almost! Got 100 metres from home, died -alternator, bless her she did more driving in that weekend then she's done in 4 years that we have owned her. Anyway a big thanks to the many owners that we met for the first time and look forward other events in the future.
    Roy and Karen

Attached Files:

13. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

They did that pissed at Gundigia Thursday night got to bed at 3am

14. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

:lol: ....amazing how much talent one can have when one is
    drunk :)

15. greenbay

greenbay New Member

on the sunday a bloke took a pic of 3 2nd generation kombi lovers (p.j,ruby and ella)in the back of my green bay .i don't know him but apparently he's one of the kombi clan.if you're out there i'd love a copy or if anyone spots the photo anywhere i'd really appreciate it if you could let me know.
    thanks,jay

16. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

What a fantastic weekend once AGAIN, it is simply getting bigger and better every year:D

Thanks to Volkscultire who put together the Sat night entertainment and a big thankyou to the many talented musician/singer who formed the band :D Thanks to Steve Muller for hosting the evening, showing the movies and running the Trivia competition and thanks also to those who provided the great prizes.

It was wonderful to meet so many new kombi owners and finaly put faces to names. Well done to the crew that travelled all the way from Vic in their beautiful splitties.

Thanks everyone, Old Bar is one of those special weekends for me as I get the chance to catch up with my kombi friends that I don't get to see too often.:heart:

Andy and I had a ball and have already booked again for next year:D

17. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

A few more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

[​IMG]

Mexicans having breky at Gundigia

[​IMG]

19. Kombi Kiwi

Kombi Kiwi Member

Awesome photos everyone. There are some fantastic looking kombis around. Great inspiration for me to finish my kombi.

Glen

20. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Yeah I made it home at last!! After We left Old bar we headed up to mooloolaba for a few days then back home to Goulb via Byron bay. 2600km and nothing but a bit of water in the blinker relay. Found a few water leaks ;)

Looking forward to catching the convey on the way up next year.

Bernie