1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Bar 2017

Discussion in 'NSW' started by wirrah, Oct 2, 2017.

1. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

73kombi, clarki63, Syncro27 and 8 others like this.
  2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Greg, as always great pictures and thanks for posting :D

wirrah likes this.
  3. bagman

bagman Well-Known Member

image.jpeg A special KC member gave me this great picnic box - I have called it the bee hive - here it is on show for the first time at Old Bar ....love the colour .

Poptop, 73kombi, Syncro27 and 4 others like this.
  4. marvinsfan

marvinsfan Member

and some motion picture and music -

73kombi, Syncro27, Elsie 76 and 4 others like this.
  5. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Saturday Kombi Cruise. Thanks everyone who agreed to display Brendan's pic and wear the black ribbons to send off a brother dubber in a suitable manner.

It was great to meet his daughter's, his good mate Josh, and so many other people who's lives he touched, on the airfield prior to the cruise start.

IMG_1130.JPG

"Photo stitch" has some interesting effects sometimes! :eek:

Sunday the weather turned it on perfectly. A few random snaps:

IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1170.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

On a final note, my ultimate gratitude to the T3 Brotherhood, especially Nils and Luckyphil, for patching up my SC enough to get it the 650kms home again.

Nil's initial diagnosis was 100% correct, (no surprise there ;) ) and I'll get the rear bearings replaced ASAP, along with another bleed of the brakes, (looks like the fluid cooked itself again on the way home), and also need the shoes and drum attended too, at least on the right side.

Old Bar never fails to be one of the better Kombi meets on the calendar. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    clarki63, grumble, melissa and 8 others like this.
  6. KahunaKombi

Thanks John :cool:

7. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

What’s this another sunny old bar!

Looks like it was a spectacular weekend. I’m edging closer to being there again ;)

8. Grantus

Did anyone hear the official final Kombi numbers on the Sunday? :rolleyes:

9. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

All home now & unpacked.....shocker of a trip down the M1....seems like everyone that went away chose to leave at the same time........oh well, well worth it all the same.
    It was quite amusing watching some goose in an HSV Commondore trying to weave his way through the mayhem, only to watch us putter past him on every occasion :rolleyes:

Another fantastic Old Bar, this time accompanied by our 4 legged friends. The dogs had a blast running the beach & sniffing each other out.
    Kirra, our old Boxer, had an absolutely awesome holiday...beach runs, new doggy friends and no shortage of pats from friendly folk.
    Great to also see the owners taking responsibility for their pets' "indiscretions"..... better than a lot of campers that left crap everywhere....clearly too lazy to walk that extra 50 feet to the next empty bin.
    (Funny thing, at Lani's there were no barking/annoying dogs that I heard yet now that I'm back home the neighbourhood rats are yip yapping at each other through closed doors......)

Great to catch up with the usual suspects and make new friends.
    I didn't get out and about much, a few good waves chewed up the time pretty quickly.
    Quite a few Old Bar virgins this year....they must've enjoyed themselves as they were booking a site for next year, on the way out :cool:
    I have a couple of pics. that I'll try & put up without the help (?) of photobucket.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Syncro27 and Ninga like this.
  10. oldman

Hey Grant, I heard 289....... but that was around 2 pm & buses were still rolling in sporadically..
    Cheers,
    Mark

Grantus likes this.
  11. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Another brilliant weekend catching up with lots of KC members.
    A huge thanks to Richard @Andy. who volunteered to take T3 seats back to @BargeArse in Brisbane for his new acquisition - I am sure Julian will be very grateful.
    The cruise had 222 kombis - that is amazing and it was lovely to have Brendan's T3 up front. The weather was perfect until Monday lunchtime but everything is so dry at the moment we need the rain.
    If anyone even has any idea of attending next year - do not leave it to the last minute to book - you will miss out.

73kombi, BargeArse, Syncro27 and 2 others like this.
  12. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Now that is a bit special ;)

bagman likes this.
  13. Whitie

Whitie Active Member

We laugh at the big FWD nutters towing camp trailers stuffed with every gadget thinkable, intimidating other drivers with their monster bull bars, tossers!!!
    But you can avoid all this on the M1 & save lots of time & enjoy a lovely peaceful country drive as well, its really easy but don't tell, OK

Take the Morriset turnoff onto Mandalong Rd
    then turn right at the 2nd roundabout onto Wyee Rd
    then right onto Hue Hue Rd.
    You'll cross over the M1 a number of times where you can assess the traffic flow & wave at the FWD tossers standing still in traffic.
    Re-join the M1 at either Sparks Rd or Wyong Rd at Westfields Tuggerah.

You'll save lots of time & be miles ahead of the irritable tossers, you can even use this route if your goin nth or sth, google it
    Classic Tortoise & the Hair story

73kombi, Syncro27, Kai and 1 other person like this.
  14. Grantus

Maybe @BargeArse will start posting a bit more regularly again, now he's gone to the "T3 dark side"? :p

BargeArse and Syncro27 like this.
  15. oldman

S
    Sounds great Tony.....I'll definitely look at this option next time we're up the coast.
    Cheers,
    Mark

16. KahunaKombi

Heard on the grapevine that Mr Bargearse had another new addition to the family a little while ago :rolleyes: possibly taking up his time in lieu of visiting us :eek:

BargeArse likes this.
  17. Grantus

That's no excuse......infact, it's the perfect excuse for Julian to take some "distraction time out", and post away here....;)

BargeArse likes this.
  18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

His 'distraction time' might be sorting the new box on wheels :)

19. wallabijosh

wallabijosh New Member

Hi All,
    I would like to thank everyone that participated in the ribbons and pics of Brendan on there busses. it was a very special touch to a faultless weekend. It will be a weekend Brendan's family and friends will never forget.
    Hope to see you all next year. Hopefully will be able to meet a few more of you also.
    Josh(driver of Brendan's bus)

Syncro27, wirrah, dshux and 5 others like this.
  20. Grantus

Thank you Josh, for emailing me the pic, and for organizing and driving Brendan's bus to lead the Kombi cruise, in a less than ideal time.

It's what Brendan would have wanted, and he would have been the first to say - "the show must go on". ;)

It's also a weekend I will never forget too.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Syncro27, melissa and David H like this.