1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OLD Bar April 2022

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Luckyphil, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there will be a festival at Old Bar this year. As with last year Im still going as have the sire booked but would be nice if there was also a festival on.

73kombi likes this.
  2. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

73kombi likes this.
  3. Mr Beckstar

Mr Beckstar Well-Known Member

Don't know about everyone else, but I'll be fully vaccinated soon and I'll be bloody annoyed if that doesn't allow me to have a weekend at Old Bar in October.

Aspudis, 73kombi and MAP77 like this.
  4. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Vaccinated or otherwise, I think the descision will lie with the question of public liability and insurance in COVID times.
    I hope for everyone’s sake, it goes ahead….Old Bar thrives on this long weekend event.
    Cheers,
    Mark

73kombi, 77/kombi/surfer and Grantus like this.
  5. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Impromptu get together if it doesn't. People who know each other coincidentally end up in the same place at the same time is not a formal gathering but still supports the local economy.:);)

73kombi, Grantus and oldman like this.
  6. Grantus

Exactly what happened in 2020..;)

7. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

Old Bar Beach Festival Postponed to April 2022
    Hello friend,

On behalf of the entire team, I am deeply saddened to let you know that we will be postponing Old Bar Beach Festival to April 8-13th, 2022.

8. Luckyphil

The new dates conflict with The Bus Stop at Dubbo so that is crap. We could struggle to get sites in April so how many Kombi's will be there?

9. Grantus

Looks like it could be an October gathering again, without a festival, as it was last year.

From the email:

p.s. restrictions permitting, we still hope to be able to hosta a Kombi Parade for those in Old Bar over the October Long Weekend - so be sure to stay tuned for details on that!

Syncro27 likes this.
  10. oldman

April…….that ain’t gonna work for us ….o_O
    I imagine lots of folk that do not attend Bus Stop would be hard pressed to get a site at Lanis, at Easter.
    Probably not the best idea ever made by the committee…..
    Cheers,
    Mark

Luckyphil and MAP77 like this.
  11. Luckyphil

I will be there in October if allowed

oldman likes this.
  12. oldman

Hold that thought…..
    Old Bar 2022 will be the weekend before Easter….could still be doable !
    That’d be a trip ! Old Bar and a Bus Stop rolled into one.;)
    Cheers,
    Mark

13. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I thought it was Old Bar the week before Dubbo. Lets hope we get to do both!

Marlyn and oldman like this.
  14. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Copy of email received yesterday. Let's hope they do go ahead with the Kombi Parade. If so we will be there and Dubbo. Both are in the School Holidays so this is a positive.
    Imagine a Konvoy all the way from Old Bar to Dubbo...... Whoo Hoo

Old Bar Beach Festival Postponed to April 2022

Hello friend,

On behalf of the entire team, I am deeply saddened to let you know that we will be postponing Old Bar Beach Festival to April 8-13th, 2022.

We will make this announcement to the public shortly, but as a past event participant, we wanted to get in touch and let you know first.

Over the past month, we have found ourselves in a sadly familiar situation, where the ability to throw our much-loved Festival has been swathed in uncertainty.

For months we have been planning and strategising a COVID-safe return in October 2021. However, with the evolving COVID-19 situation in Sydney (and beyond), uncertainty around restrictions lifting, and a slow vaccine rollout - this is no longer possible.

We simply don’t believe that we will be back to a situation where we can safely host tens of thousands of visitors in Old Bar by the October Long Weekend. Health and safety is of the utmost importance to us, and this decision has been made with the wellbeing of our local community, participants and patrons at top of mind.

Though we so badly wanted to be back this year, no amount of our passion or enthusiasm will be able make this happen. But despite our extreme disappointment, we refuse to let this virus defeat us again!

We can't wait to eventually bring to life all the Festival fun we planned (albeit slightly later than expected). Rest assured, we’ll be working harder than ever to produce a truly spectacular Festival in 2022!

We are so thankful for your continued support throughout what has been a difficult 18 months for everyone.

Should you have any questions or concerns at all, please get in touch with us at coordinator@oldbarbeachfestival.com.au

Wishing all the best to you and your loved ones during this time.

Kind Regards,
    MARK SEARLES
    Event Director

p.s. restrictions permitting, we still hope to be able to hosta a Kombi Parade for those in Old Bar over the October Long Weekend - so be sure to stay tuned for details on that!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Syncro27, 77/kombi/surfer and oldman like this.
  15. oldman

Ok, C19 dependant we’re planning to do both….!
    Rough plan….Old Bar…..Nundle……Dubbo…..Hill End……Bathurst, then home.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Squidy, ruby6689 and Luckyphil like this.
  16. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty excited to actually have the opportunity to join some of our KC friends again for the trip from Old Bar to Dubbo.

oldman likes this.
  17. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Good pie shop and pub there
    Some great campsites that way as well. Sofala and Wattle Flat
    Good pub and cafe in Sofala

if you are game there is a nice drive cross country to Capertee to another great pub.
    Lots of good camping around Capertee - especially if you can go to National Parks

oldman likes this.
  18. Kazz

Kazz Well-Known Member

We’ve camped at the Diggings and done the drive through Turon Gates to Sofala and Hill End

Whitie, oldman and Barry like this.
  19. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Sadly I have cancelled my Old Bar booking for next week and rebooked for next year.

Have secured the Festival booking for the 7th April to 12th April and have also booked for the October long weekend 2022.

20. Luckyphil

I also have cancelled for next week and booked for April 22, wonder if the Festival will ever return to the October long weekend in the future