1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Bar Beach Festival 2013

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Barney Barndoor, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Barney Barndoor

Barney Barndoor Active Member

Guys heres a few pics I took of the Old Bar to Taree Cruise today..

Awesome Day

enjoy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  2. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Cheers for that!

Looks like the weather has been as predicted, and kind to you all!

3. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Just had word that there are 32 T3 at Old Bar :)

4. Barney Barndoor

Last Man Standing with his Van .... Before & After

Old Bar 2013

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  5. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And some transporters...

[​IMG]

And some nice interiors

[​IMG]

And something slightly different to the usual roof decorations...

[​IMG]

6. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

What a fantastic weekend! Great to catch up with old friends and meet some new members. Amazing number of kombis - quite a few that I had not seen there before. Just keeps getting bigger and better. The weather was just perfect, if only it could be guaranteed every year.
    A big congratulations to the Old Bar committee for organising the weekend, looked like a huge success from where we were standing.
    Gerry and Robyn hitched a ride in Little Red to the airport. I hope the T3 arrives safely.

Only down side - having to go back to work tomorrow.
    Only bad event (for me) - I bought a big bright ball for my grandaughter from the market, put it in the back of Little Red, then went and kept walking around. The back was open as people were looking inside - and the ball went missing :(
    Oh well.

7. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Just home & un-packed.....unfortunately it's always the same - cruise up, set up site, wander 'round & chat to folks, eat/drink/surf/drink/sleep/drink/cruise, wander 'round & chat to folks & before you know it Old Bar is over for another year :cry:
    This year was exceptional !! Great weather, record number of kombis -(I was told 228 but happy to be corrected....) - caught up with old friends & made new ones. :cool:
    Just not enough hours in the day to get around to everyone.
    There was discussion about The Crossing after TBS 2014, which stoked the fires of enthusiasm for next year's events.

Col wandered Lani's repairing any/every broken down kombi....( mate yer a legend !!, just what KC's all about..:) )
    Had a couple of paddles with Scotty,Steve,Moe,Kai & Tallisha - ( Friday at Saltwater was SMOKIN' !! )

Put faces to names/avatars...( now THAT'S always interesting !! ) & fell over my tongue looking at all the exceptional, diverse vehicles on the Sunday.
    My choice was the red T3 DOKA Tri -star ...... an awesome vehicle that just commanded attention.....
    Sorry no pics from me but I'm sure they'll start rolling in as folks settle back home.

Ho hum, back to reality tomorrow.........but at least I'll be driving a kombi to work !!
    Cheers, Mark

8. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Hey guys sounds like I missed a great festival :( Any more pics?

9. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

T3s everywhere

[​IMG]

10. spununit

spununit New Member

I hope this works, my first posting with some pics of the weekend. John

Attached Files:

11. spununit

spununit New Member

Here are some more, the shot by the beach is my 70 low light, "twin port bay". We had a super time.

Attached Files:

12. pvwg

pvwg Member

We came to a quick and scary stop on the way back on Sunday afternoon at the old Leyland brothers service station site , we stopped for a rest & drink came back and she was dead .
    Flat battery so thanks to a great Kombi mate who was filling up at the servo with the surfboard and Aussie flag on the side of his Kombi sorry I did not get your name but a million thanks I owe you big time please hit me up if you need a hand someday in the future. I hope your mate down the road was OK with the Kombi and Caravan who also broke down. We made it home did not stop again and put a new battery in today running like a breeze great weekend sorry to hear of those who did not make it or stopped on the way back. That's Kombi life got to love it either way.

13. Gerry and Robyn

Gerry and Robyn Active Member

Hi Betsy(Jerome and Suzanne), just sent a pm

14. andrewjdriscoll

andrewjdriscoll Active Member

Big shout out to the '62 panel we shadowed home and filled up at Colongoolook. Absolutely awesome bus. Cool dude inside, as well!

15. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey Andrew, great to catch up again....never did quite get that beer in, maybe next time. Cheers, Mark

16. Barney Barndoor

Great to hear all the great stories of Kombi Camaraderie coming out, that's what it's all about...

After a while walking around the Kombi show on Sunday morning checking out the amazing line up of Kombis & the great people who own them while trying to put faces to Kombi Club names/avatars, I soon worked out who the oldman was & it wasn't long before he offered me a Crownie then I started meeting many other friendly KC members Mellisa, cbus Col, Gus, milly Steve, ruby6689 Lorraine, Kai, Squidy & many others.. I've known bagman Tony since about 1990 who I also caught up with.

I decided I was driving back to Sydney after the Footy Grand Final where I watched it at the bowling club with Gus & family but it didn't stop Gus offering me a spare room at the place his family were staying. Thanks anyway Gus but I had to get back to Sydney last night.... but again the Kombi Camaraderie & I'd only known the bloke & his family a few hours.... Bloody Fantastic...

Great to meet you all & thanks for your hospitality & I hope to park my Kombi beside you all next time in Old Bar...

Cheers

Barney Barndoor
    Simon

Pics 1&2..Heres some pics of the T3 DOKA Tri - Star oldman Mark mentioned..

Pic 3. Squidy's Split Personality on Saturdays Kombi Cruise with Manly Flag at back......Shame about Manly mate...

Pic 4. Some Kombi Club Kombi's lined up..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  17. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Thats unreal 230 odd kombis all flocked together, wow what a sight to have seen in the flesh.

18. chellejohno

chellejohno Member

We came to a quick and scary stop on the way back on Sunday afternoon at the old Leyland brothers service station site , we stopped for a rest & drink came back and she was dead .
    Flat battery so thanks to a great Kombi mate who was filling up at the servo with the surfboard and Aussie flag on the side of his Kombi sorry I did not get your name but a million thanks I owe you big time please hit me up if you need a hand someday in the future. I hope your mate down the road was OK with the Kombi and Caravan who also broke down. We made it home did not stop again and put a new battery in today running like a breeze great weekend sorry to hear of those who did not make it or stopped on the way back. That's Kombi life got to love it either way.[/QUOTE]

The blokes name is Shane, he owns a mechanical repair business in my town called BMA Automotive, nice young bloke who knows tons about vws. Unfortunately after two weeks of holidaying we only got 10 ks further down the road than you. Heaps of smoke, heaps of oil leaking out.NRMA premium care to the rescue. image.jpg

Cheers Johno

19. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Is that Hartmut's "Holy Grail" of T3's in Australia?

The only Tristar imported by VW Australia for the motor show, to exhibit it, and source interest for future imports......

But sadly, management changed their stratedgy, and no more were imported, and this one-off was then sold to Hartmut.

Hartmut is actually the first and third owner of this beast...... coz he managed to buy it twice! (Kombis find their owners) :)

20. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Got back not long ago after taking a detor through Windsor to take my daughter out for her birthday - 16 today they don't stay babies for long.
    The ol' army Kombi ran like a dream.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]