1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Bar Beach Festival 2013

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Barney Barndoor, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Barney Barndoor

Barney Barndoor Active Member

Great vid Chrissy.

thank you for sharing, it was a great weekend.

Barney

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

LOL - that was no problem - he was on a mission - I understand.
    Great video - sorry you had to put up with Little Red's bum all the way back on the convoy!
    Old Bar really was a great weekend this year - can't wait for next year.
    Really looking forward to Griffith too.

3. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Thanks for your kind comments guys, I was a little hesitant about putting it up here.

Mel, Little Red is one of my favourite Kombi's so don't be sorry!:)

4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Well put together clip. We love pics here!

Thanks for sharing, helps us who couldn't attend! :)

5. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Thanks Grantus. We will have to have a Kombi catch up in the A.C.T one day! :)

6. Gerry and Robyn

Gerry and Robyn Active Member

Hi Chrissy,
    Wow, great shots. You really captured the spirit of the weekend, and I love the music....it really compliments the photos.
    I wish I could do this stuff.
    It was great to meet your family.....(we might just have to come to Tumut sometime so your Kombi doesn't feel lonely, ha ha)

7. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Thanks Gerry and Robyn I enjoy putting music to photos and it was lovely to meet you also. How did you get on with your bus?
    Yes, I think Vera would like a visit from another Kombi occasionally as most of the time she is surrounded by utes and SUV's in our little town!:D

8. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Great work Ninga..

Love your t-shirts ...

9. Gerry and Robyn

Gerry and Robyn Active Member

Chrissy,
    Mel drove us to the Newcastle airport on Monday a.m., flew direct to Melbourne. Goldie was trucked Tuesday midnight to Melbourne and got to our mechanic at 10.30 a.m. Thursday. It is now at the autogas workshop....something to do with the electrics that control the gas system.
    Thanks so much to Roscoe, Scott, Terry, Colin, Brendan, Melissa and Wendy and Fisel (managers)at the Old Bar Caravan Park who waited up 'till 12 to make sure Goldie was loaded properly.
    Quite a memorable 2 weeks.

10. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey Crissy, great montage !! Took me straight back to OB...shame we didn't get a chance to catch up other than the "fleeting greeting" at the convoy.
    Glad your bus made it safely, now you've experience Old Bar in all its glory you'll have to make sure you're back in 2014.
    Cheers, Mark

11. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Hey Bernie, thanks mate. I do enjoy a bit of logo/T-shirt designing. Maybe one day at a KC get together we could all have Kombi T-shirts!:)

Good luck with Goldie Gerry and Robyn. Hopefully not too many more $$'s need to be handed out for the repair.

Hey Mark, I really was disappointed to not be able to catch up with you guys but with a sick little girl, well it goes without saying that they come first. You are right about experiencing Old Bar this year. Every time I saw a Kombi last year I would nearly cry knowing that Vera was out of order back at home. This year...WOW! That convoy was simply awesome! I'm sure any Kombi owner gets that same happy feeling when jumping in your bus and cruising but when it's with so many others well that is just bliss! Next year we will be back and hopefully all family members in good health (including Vera!) and will be ready to party! Until then, we hope to make it to Griffith.

Peace Groovers,
    Chrissy;)

12. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

That was great , nice work :)

13. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Great to hear your back at home Gerry & Robyn.

Such a shame the gas system played up on you.

You were definately the life of the party though and your enthusiasm for the event is fantastic even when your kombi is requiring medial care.

Looking forward to next year to see your syncro.

Cheers,

14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Hi Guys.
    dont let thembullshit you on the gas . Its the petrol electrics that seemed to have the prob.
    And the boofheads should have explained how the 3 way switch was wired different to earlier setups.
    It ran on gas ok just before we left . And all solenoids operating ok and consistently.
    As usual :)

cheers
    col

15. oldman

^^ from the "hot air/gas" expert....:p

Big ups to you Col for diagnosing & solving the switching problem to get the folks underway...said it before & I'll say it again, yer a legend mate !!
    Cheers, Mark

16. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Just a pity the brain took all w/e to diag it. Could have been driven home if we had time to be happy that it was a reliable fix.
    As my sons sticker says... If it wasnt for the last minute.. nothing would get done :lol:

cheers from wangaratta

17. 85 Caravelle

85 Caravelle Member

Enjoyed the video,,next year I'm definitely going ,,mind you I said that last year .Life really interferes with Kombiing sometimes .

18. oldman

Just can't stop watching that vid !! :cool: Great sounds Chrissy - who are the artists...?
    Cheers, Mark

19. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Hey Mark, glad you like it. I seem to replay it quite a bit too. First song is Follow the Sun by Xavier Rudd (one of my favourite artists and song ever!) and the second is Home by Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros. An enjoyable task putting tunes to pics for me, seems to make it that bit sweeter.

Chrissy.

20. oldman

Aaah thought I recognised Xavier Rudd.....the 2nd artist's reminded me of the couple that did an acoustic gig at Flow cafe/ Old Bar for us -( KC )- last year......very talented.
    Thanks, you have a real talent matching tunes to pics/vids. ....it really captures the vibe.....look forward to your next production !! Cheers, Mark