1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Bar Beach Festival 2018

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Grantus, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Aspudis

Aspudis Member

Awesome. Thanks mate. We are on a waiting list at Lanis but will keep that in mind.

Debstar likes this.
  2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Just be very careful about setting up anywhere near the airstrip or the roads/dirt road nearby....Rangers patrol Old Bar very closely on this, the busiest weekend of the year.
    It's a lot more fun to be in the midst of kombi-central that is Lanis. :cool:
    Folks always cancel at the last minute , or don’t turn up....and Fizal & Wendy will do their best to accommodate KC members....they always have.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Debstar, Syncro27, David H and 3 others like this.
  3. Debstar

Debstar Well-Known Member

4. Debstar

Debstar Well-Known Member

Correct & if you don't need power there is always a spot in Lanis. The spot on the high side of us has been either empty or overnighters stay each year we've been. Always welcome in "da hood" :cool:

melissa likes this.
  5. Bensville

Bensville Active Member

This is really turning into a family event for us too. This year we are bringing the whole family and a couple friends.. Cant wait. On another note, has anyone noticed that Google maps are also in on the action and decided to take the map photo at the best time of year?
    [​IMG]

Syncro27, Debstar and oldman like this.
  6. Zip

Zip Member

Hey I’m booked in again this yr. let’s plan to cruise up together. Pending engines running. Z.

Whitie, David H, OSF and 1 other person like this.
  7. karstan

karstan Member

Hey all .... only in the last month Iv decided to get my 68 on the road ... it won't be ready for Valla .... so hoping to book in at lanis .... no spots as of yet but was told to send an email .... if you hear of anyone who suddenly can not go please let me know .... thanks heaps feel free to pass on my mob. 0431616288

8. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    Generally meet at Heatherbrae pie shop at the roundabout on Friday about 1 pm for the cruise up for Novocastrians & the mexicans that make it in time;).
    Meet us there Zipo_O?
    Cheers

Mr Beckstar, Debstar and Zip like this.
  9. Zip

Zip Member

Yep sounds like a plan. Always a treat seeing a swag of Kombi’s at the pie shop.

Mr Beckstar, Debstar and David H like this.
  10. Longrasser

Longrasser Active Member

Left our names with a few parks around and are doing the wait to see who will get back to us. Will try another round of calls next week and see who's keen to take us ( or at least put us on a list) .
    We couldn't do McValla, but we are gunna do our best to be doing the cruise to the Bar !

11. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

You will get in at Lanis - they always make room

12. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Did anyone else get an email invitation to become a “Friend of the Festival”? o_O

[​IMG]
    LAUNCHING IN 2018
    Friends of the Festival

G’Day,

The Old Bar Beach Festival has become an icon in our community, and we love throwing it each and every year. Everything we do is done by the community, for the community, and for the love of our home town.

But it would be nothing without you – our loyal friend!

Friends of the Festival
    If you’re heading along to the Festival this year, we’d like to kindly offer you the opportunity to support the event, by becoming one of our official ‘friends.’

For just $25, your family can become ‘Friends of the Festival,’ and help us make this event more awesome than ever. As a thank-you, you’ll get:
    • Exclusive access to our ‘friends’ tent, with reserved seating and refreshments
    • Exclusive discounts at listed market stalls
    • 10% discount at our merch tent
    • Your family name published on our online supporters’ board.*
    *Unless privacy requested
    Become Our Friend

[​IMG]Facebook
    [​IMG]Instagram

melissa and Luckyphil like this.
  13. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Yes I got it yesterday & became a friend, hope its not a scam :)

melissa likes this.
  14. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Looks like I’m going to miss it this year unfortunately.

15. melissa

I did too and like Phil, I paid my $25. If it is a scam, they have done well to get a bank account with that name! ;)

16. melissa

That's not the news I want to hear Squidy! :(

17. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

I may come as a last minute thing, just be me and Beau camping if I do as Dj and Harry in UK. Will see what happens

melissa and oldman like this.
  18. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Yup, but with the recent 5hit going on at home, haven’t done it yet......
    Thinking of registering it in Kirra’s name.........she loved OldBar and everything about it......
    Cheers,
    Mark

19. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Been on the waiting list.............? just going to rock up, if no space will just go and throw ourselves away in the bush somewhere :) isn't that what campers are for ?
    The cruise from Mildura to Old Bar and parts north always included a freebie o/nite at "The Rock" .........no more Eno needed now. and probably the thrill of towing
    backpackers "Wicked Campers" out of the drain. :eek::D

20. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

There is a problem with the online regn. form I had to print it out and scan it then attach it to an email. Now all registered & can pick up my lanyard at the East Gate :)

oldman likes this.