1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old bar Kombi festival 2011

Discussion in 'NSW' started by saabman, Oct 2, 2011.

1. polarbus93

polarbus93 Member

did anybody get their cameras outs on the weekend for any pics ours was left in caddy due to weather , would love to see some pics of those who did adventure to stay.

2. Kresto

Kresto Member

Footage from the cruise? that was excellent fun. It was a wet drive home back to Arrawarra, good fun on the dual carriage way, never overtaken so many people. Did anyone clean up in the raffle?

3. Lottie

Lottie New Member

ooops:eek: sorry....:D

4. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

There was a certain person who tripped on a tent peg one evening pulling the peg out of thd ground. They appeared to look around to see if any one was looking before the put the peg back in and continued on there way ;)

5. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Still raining here.

6. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

we were late arrivals at 10.30am in pats 67 panel "gus" after umming weather we would go.
    A quik call to scotty(Beryl 71 deluxe) who was at old bar,to do a weather check before we left the central coast 300klms southward to see if it was worth it with the predicted rain.
    He told us the rain had eased up an the suns shining.
    We were pretty sure he was giving us a load of b.s but still drove up anyways.
    We were car #123 and a few more came in after wards to play in the mud.
    A fine effort considering the conditions.
    We walked around in the mud an spoke to a few k,cers that was left.
    Most of us ended up at the r.s.l. club. drying out,having lunch and a few beers .
    A fine turn out of cars in there carpark were the judges chose the overall winners.
    I dont no who won or how they could of judged them with the rain still bucketing down,as we left before the pesso started at 4p.m..
    Rumour has it scotty wifes (mel) car won best t3?
    So a nice lot of driving, to stay for no more then 4 1/2 hours.
    Still had a good day all in all.
    praying for sunshine for next year,
    the chuckster

7. Manda&Harry

Manda&Harry New Member

We are home and defrosted, but still feel damp! Have applied to the council to officially rename the place COld Bar!

8. davidp.

davidp. Member

Felt guilty leaving early at about 10.30 am. I was surprised to see there were already a few vans on the road, ahead of me and then , as this thread says, the weather forced many to leave soon after......bummer about the rain, not to mention the freezing wind. It can't rain again next year.....can it??
    If you're a gambler, what odds would you give someone on a fine day?....10:1, 50:1??

Cheers,
    David

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  9. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

Left somewhere between 11 and 12. Not long after the move announcement came through. Trip home was in unabated rain.

Did get to take a few photos though but fairly limited due to the weather conditions

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

A couple more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

12. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

13. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

14. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

15. Stephen &Simone Elkington

Stephen &Simone Elkington New Member

The Kombi's keep getting better looking each year. I hope I get to have a look around then in the sun next year.

16. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Hey Bernie, I thought I could hear giggles as I was walking away!

17. Mouse

Mouse Member

Could cope with the wind, the rain, the mud and the cool temperatures but terribly disappointed in missing out on a whole day of kombi talk and learning more about them. Some fantastic kombis and can't wait til next year. Nice to meet some more KC members and put some faces to names. At least the run to Taree was great fun and there were some good clean waves fri and sat

18. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Typical sun comes out as we leav

19. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Home and unpacked... Little Red sitting outside trying to dry out - in the 20 months I have owned her she has never been in 3 days of rain!

Great to catch up with lots of KC'ers and I hope for those who attended as their first Old Bar experience, they are not scared off for next year. At the presentation it was announced 139 kombis attended for the count but there were so many more still parked outside and in the caravan park I really think we could have beaten last years tally - oh well, there is always next year ;)

Congratulations to Mel for winning Best T3 and Little Red won Best Interior which really shows how hard it was for the judges to get around to look - there were plenty of others with better interiors. Andy Roberts won Best Split (Samba 1) and unfortunately I dont know the names of the other winners - hopefully someone else will help out with that.

Old Bar 2011 will not be forgotten in a hurry - the campers got attacked by the weather and the plane got attacked by a ferris wheel just jumping out at it - I can joke because we know they did not get hurt but it really caused chaos. Big thanks go out to a certain members wife for making a call and getting us through the blockade - the last thing the Sydney convoy needed after travelling all morning was to be turned away from Old Bar and I just happened to be on the end of them after coming back from Taree.

Hope to catch up again with lots of you and thanks to those that took photos and helped push bogged kombis - its all part of the adventure.

20. milly

milly Well-Known Member

Just booked a powered site at Old bar for 2012 ( Gee you have to be quick to get an ensuite site, all booked for 2012), cant wait Milly's restro will be complete by then, really looking forward to a meeting alot more KC family member's and maybe even a chat over a few cold one's.

I have just sent off an email to "Hughie" upstairs requesting clear sky's for next year, still waiting on a reply !!!!!!!

Made it down last Sunday arrived at 11am passed a few Kombi's leaving no doubt due to the weather but hopefully Hughie will get my email and look after us all next year, you know the saying 3 time lucky.