1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old bar Kombi festival 2011

Discussion in 'NSW' started by saabman, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Jealous as ever - even with all that water about. Glad you all had a great time and thanks for the pics.

I just reckon there's no such thing as a bad kombi get together. See y'all in Swan Hill!

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

You would love Old Bar, Dingo - book your holidays now for Swan Hill and Old Bar next year.

3. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

bring the heat with you please Dingo.

4. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

hey anyone know if Daisygirl made it to Old Bar?

5. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

She did and has a nice new alternator as well. Props to Bernie! Let him fill you in on his mission in the rain.

6. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

I am on the hunt for a 75amp alternator Bernie, if I find one, might wait and bring it to Bus Stop for you:p

7. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

I'll just pull one out of my ......

Back pocket for you nath ;)

Pm on its way for you .

8. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

A BIG THANKYOU to all the KC`ers we met on our way up to and at Old Bar. Our first KC outing and yes it was wet........ you can dampen the shoes, clothes and tents but you cant dampen the Kombi spirit. We loved the weekend, a great , welcoming bunch of people and sooooo many great Kombis. Love our bay Blewis but now i want a splittie (ouch, just got a slap from the mrs) I know she wants one too. Already looking at accomodation for next year. Hope to get down to the Gong with Marcus and the gang end of this month, so see some of you guys then.

9. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Oh and the fact Manly won just topped the weekend off : )

10. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

hey steve what was up with you at the end of the F3? couldn't stop was in the middle lane. bit dangerous. hope it wasn't anything serious! tried ringing nath for your number but he didnt have it.

11. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Ok another wet Old Bar under my belt but still had a great time, great to catch up with old friends and meet new ones will be back next year :)

12. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Hi again to all Old Bar mud pit nutters.

Who would have thought it could happen 4 years in a row.

Friday was great weather as usual
    Saturday was a bit rainy in the morning then great in the arvo but we spent most of the day watching the news unfold with the plane crash.

Love the cheers when they got the two kids out from the top basket.

Sunday just would not stop raining and after an all nighter of rain the field we were supposed to park in was a bog. A few kombis got bogged I hear but there was syncros around and the SES in a Toyota 4wd to pull them out. The field was looking pretty bad though.

HUGE thanks to Bernie for the emergency pull down of my tarp awning thing as the wind went crazy while we were in Club Old Bar.

I thought I should go back and check after seeing all the sideways rain through the Club window. Then I just started shoving everything into Beryl. Amazing what she can carry.

Talk about gale force winds.

I wanted to stay and wathc the gran final with everyone but I was wringing wet by the time I got the tent down and shoved in the kombi.

We did a dash to Mels Mums place to dry off the clothes that were floating around in the tent. We had a river flowing through our tent.

One the way from Old BAr to Port we stopped to help a T3 camper that was running rough but they had organised a tow.

Then on the way back today I stopped for a 77 puple coloured bay with bling wheels as they had lost a main seal and all their oil and the engine started to seize. Again a tow truck was on its way. That was basically all the casualties for the weekend.

Ian Powel would have been one of them in his splitty but his dead clutch meant he pulled the motor, replaced the clutch with a spare he brought and put the motor back in (with the help from Matty in his white 69) before the NRMA even turned up (all done in 1.5hours on the side of the freeway just before Buladelah).

Totally amazing.

Goes to show - always bring a spare clutch and a trolley jack with you and you should be able to get home.

Shame I couldnt catch up with everyone - that was planned for Sunday but the rain the the noisy band made that very difficult.

There is always next year.

13. melissa

Oh Scott - you just reminded me about the bands!!! Talk about torture in a confined space!! When we finally found a place to get away from the noise ( a room out the back with pool table and TV's ) we get told we had to vacate as it had just been booked for a private event! Lucky the bands had just finished.

14. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Hey Kai, lost a bolt from the coupling at rear of gear box so couldn't select gears. Didn't have a bolt to fit so quick call to nrma, a couple of adjustments and we managed to get back to brookvale with a bit if trouble getting into 4th. Will get a proper look at it this week. Great to meet you and the others mate, will hopefully see you at some other meets and will need to go for a paddle some time

15. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Noisey band?? they where fantastic!!!!:barf:

Glad to meet you Scott even if it was for a quick drive by meet and great

16. Bron&Bill

Bron&Bill New Member

Ok so last week was certainly interesting. Lost my job, plane crashed into ferris wheel, husband needed quick trip to hospital Saturday night, worked all year to get Gracie ready for a washed out kombi fest and missed Sunday morning show because I couldn't get out of bed after being at hospital all night . None of that matters because I got to do my first kombi run with the rest of you guys and it was FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!! Will definitely do it again next year.

17. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Great perseverance, a real Kombi person.
    I’m impressed!!!

18. evsky

evsky Member

Well I thought last year was wet. I still had a good time and even the wife and kids had fun just lucky we wernt camping or I dont think they would have lasted. We stayed at a lodge cabin set up with games room and open fires so it was still nice. The van ran well with only some minor adjustments now needed on the gear change it got a little out of wack. And a good drying out. But I missed having a good look at all the kombis and I took only a few pics mainly of a plane. Thanx for Justin for the roof rack but sorry to every one else I planed on catching up with it just didnt happen. I also had no reception on my phone up there its a total black hole so I missed a few inquires about the custom mini kombis I sell so send me a Pm Cheers c u next year Ev

19. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

You music lover you!

20. melissa

You had to be there to understand Al - with the festival a wash out, they transferred the entertainment to the club. Bands that had not played together for 20 something years were now playing in a club auditorium instead of a stage at a football field - unfortunately, somone forgot to tell the sound engineer... :umm: