1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old bar Kombi festival 2011

Discussion in 'NSW' started by saabman, Oct 2, 2011.

1. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Steve, glad you got home OK. End of the 1st half I knew Manly had it....

See you down at the 'Gong cruise....

Markus

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Well that's Old Bar for another year.

What can I say, started off badly just 40klms from home with a broken key stuck in the fuel cap and no fuel. We had 2 dogs and 3 cats that had to be at a boarding kennel before 10am so we loaded all the animals into Blue Bus and I went ahead, dropped the animals off, managed to meet up with Judy, Bob and Marianne on time.:) Andy rolled in just 2 mins later. Then Mercy decided he needed a push to get him going!

I guess that set the tone for the whole weekend but I still had a wonderful time.:)

It's always a special time for me when I am able to catch up with my wonderful KC family. Thank you :heart:

Judy and I have booked again for next year.....nothing will keep us KC girls away!

3. shepT3

shepT3 New Member

Old Bar

Even though it rained most of the time, me and my son Jayden had a great time, the surf was great and we meet some great people. The highlight was Parras and I, and our boys running up to the club from the caravan park in the pouring rain with plastic bags over us. Cannot wait till next year!!! :)

4. Frank

Frank Active Member

Another Old Bar...

Even though it rained a lot, I still enjoyed catching up with many although we didn’t get to see everyone because whole event was disrupted by the rain.

We packed it in late on Sunday, because the tent was being blown about, and was taking in water, didn’t get a chance to say bye to everyone either.

I do feel sorry for all the stall holders and the event organisers – hopefully we have a dry Old Bar event next year!

5. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

A few more photos I found on my phone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  6. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

7. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

8. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

Not one of the kombi fest but I saw this cool ute on the way home.Sounded great too.
    [​IMG]

9. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Hard to pick 'favourites' but these 2 are wicked cool !!! :cool:

10. IWL_86

IWL_86 New Member

Looks like there was a great turn out despite the bad weather!!
    I cant wait to take the bus next year!! :)

11. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Loved meeting you guys too. Was so awesome to see you guys just hanging out enjoying the surf and all that Old Bar had to offer during this momentous(without a doubt) 2011 Kombi Fest.

12. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

How come DaisyGirl looks slightly umm :umm: ......drunk What tha????

13. Jayden Shepherd

Jayden Shepherd New Member

Had a great time and the surf was so fun.. Cant wait for next year!

14. Parras

Parras Member

Great meeting you to daisygirl, I love the butterflies you gave shept3 to spruse up his Kombi.
    I for one had a great time, a few beers with mates and waves were glassy and fun. Only down side for me was putting on a wet wetsuit every day.
    It was a shame we didn't get to meet many people due to the weather and long surf sessions, but we did manage to get a heap of photos of all the awesome Kombis.
    Cheers Mick

15. shepT3

shepT3 New Member

By the look at your kombi Daisy, the weather cleared up for you Yesterday. And Bernie got you the Slab, Cool. And Daisy does look a little drunk, I got a couple photo's of you and parras kombi's and of course my boring !!! kombi, as well, Lol. I'll post them when i can figure out how too.

16. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Well the weather wasn't too bad yesterday and we got a bit of sunshine and yep we moved DaisyGirl to the slab but when I woke up this morning and it was still raining and everyone else had gone home or was heading home :( I cut my losses and came home too. Did a straight near 4 hours run too Grafton refueled me and Daisy and then about 2.5 hours to get home - easy run with a new alternator!!

Shep your kombi is no longer boring I decided especially with the help of the 'hippie' butterflies :lol:

17. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Hey Mick hope you can get the photos up that you took - PM Bernie if you can't work it out. Clearly I always pass my dilemas onto him. How is the beautiful Kaylum and are u going to let him become a member cause it was his idea about the kombi in the first place???? :p

18. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Hey Jayden - did you guys get another surf in on the way home :cool:

19. Jayden Shepherd

Jayden Shepherd New Member

nope, but we checked out the surf it was allright.. but we did't want to get into our wet wetsuits haha. how the weather been today?

20. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Wet wetsuits are the worst hey - Weather was better but the place was just so damp etc. so came home. Sunshine mostly but windy all the way home.

Will sort out the photos I took and PM them to one of you guys.

PS Cool profile pic