1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Bar - Now With Photos

Discussion in 'NSW' started by ruby6689, Oct 4, 2008.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Well here we are at Old Bar and after a stinking hot day the weather has turned foul, so many kombis here already so we hope it improves for tomorrow.

It is so bad that I am sitting in Molly and PMing Michele who is in Wilbur 10 feet away:lol:

2. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Pics?

Webcam?

Help?

Anything! Throw me a bone!

3. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

sorry to hear its raining
    bugger
    hope it turns good tomorrow

yeh i agree pics !!!

4. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Been sunny all day here today..

5. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Hi Wez
    Michelle has taken heaps of pics and I'm sure there will be a great deal more to come tomorrow at the record attempt. There are some really nice looking busses here, at least a hundred in the caravan park and plenty more more outside :D everywhere you turn there is another one.
    It's been a fantastic day and we have got to meet so many more KC members.
    Craig has done a wonderful job with the name tags, with everyone having a pic of their kombi type be it Splittie, bay etc :D
    It amazes me how many kombi owners that are here have never heard of the Kombi Club so there has been quite a bit of recruiting going on and tomorrow noone will be safe:lol:
    Rain easing off now, our $99 BCF annexes have stood up to the high winds and rain so I can recommend them.

6. kysteve

kysteve New Member

Hey Lorraine, it's Ky here. Bugger about the weather. Steve has been keeping me posted about Old Bar, while i have been away visiting my family in Tamworth. All is going well with the Kombi resto, and we are really looking forward to getting it back and showing you the pic's. Anyway enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Ky.

7. kom123

kom123 New Member

Doesn't look so bad from inside our cabin window! sorry couldn;t resist the dig! Good to see I'm not the only wireless internet forum addict here!

8. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Somthing like this would be handy for a Kombi... Under a tarp, on a rainy day.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Fits right in your handbag.

9. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Thought the KC'ers would have had a party in the rain after being trained @ Valla in 2006 :)

10. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

No rain today at Old Bar but a mixed day weather wise jacket on jacket off kind of day.
    Didnt get quite as many kombi's as last year but 150 wasnt bad considering the weather we had last night.
    I have a grin from ear to ear after receiveing the best presented kombi on the day.
    I started to down load some pictures on photo bucket but it is to slow on this connection I am using. So I will load them up when I get home so you will have to wait. I have about 300 to go through.
    Saturday was also a show day but not for kombis so we have heaps of pictures of some beautiful old cars.
    Lorriane,Andy Adrian and myself have moved camp due to being three inches in mud this morning. So everything has dried out so hopefully we wont get anymore rain before we go home tomorrow.
    We now have fish and chips planned in front of the TV for the grand final to cap off our weekend.

11. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

What a great day! Luckily the rain held off - even got a bit of sunburn! We are a clever bunch of KC'ers around here ... jb845 (Josh) scored the Best Bay Award - Mich13 (Michelle) scored the Best Presented Award - and ME - yes me- won the Best T3 Award for the Banana Sundae!!!!! Wooohooooo!!!! what an honor. I am struggling to load photos as well, so as soon as I get that sorted, I will get them up. Lovely to see so many familiar faces and nice to meet some members that I had not had the chance to meet in person before.

Shame they didn't get past last years record - the weather being the obvious problem there.

12. melissa

Finally got the photos loaded..

[​IMG]
    Setting up a tarp for lunch - Andy, Carl and Jon

[​IMG]
    Doc, Kombiwidow and Lorraine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. melissa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Interesting paintjob with a little surfer dude stuck on the front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. melissa

[​IMG]

Curtis found himself some new glasses..

[​IMG]

Laine tried them out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. melissa

[​IMG]

Royces and Andrews T5 - with lovely caravan mirrors that colour co-ordinated with the Kombis on either side - how considerate!!! LOL

[​IMG]
    Look - its twins!!

[​IMG]
    So many people asked about the BCF awning.. I should hit BCF up for commission!

16. melissa

And now drumroll... we have the winners!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Congratulations Michelle on Best Presented Award.

17. melissa

This was the moment the Shannons guy walked up and put the award on Josh's Lowlight..
    [​IMG]

and his son was very happy too...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the photos Josh - I didnt realise how glarey it was, I should have changed the setting on the camera.

18. melissa

At the presentation of the trophies and certificates...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My turn..
    [​IMG]

I am sooooo proud...and she even had bugs stuck to the front from the trip up the highway that morning...
    [​IMG]

19. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Congratulations guys on winning awards.

I bet you were all stoked.

Cheers
    Brett

20. jerrys_bus

jerrys_bus Active Member

congrats Michelle, Josh and Melissa

Josh and Melissa what category were your award's for?