1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Bar - Now With Photos

Discussion in 'NSW' started by ruby6689, Oct 4, 2008.

1. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

2. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

3. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

The people's choice
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ian p

ian p New Member

Thanks Melissa
    I have loads of photos but no idea on how to put them on the site. Loved your T3. I had an aircooled one several years ago and am looking for another one for the wife now. I would place some pics of it on here if I knew how!

5. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I will send you a PM with some instructions Ian.

6. jb4845

jb4845 Member

Some great pics there Michelle, congrats again on the win!

Nice to meet the KC folk and put faces to names - despite the lousy camping weather everyone seemed to have a great time.

Completely stoked with the Best Bay win - makes me feel really proud of all the effort put in over the past 2 years - will have to update my thread with some final product photos

Well done too to Ian and Melissa - nothing like keeping it in the family (glad to hear you got home OK Ian - I imagine it was a bit of a tedious trip :()

JOSH

7. Royce

Royce Active Member

Hi Gang

We got home after almost ten hours on the road. What a great weekend. the kids had a ball and are all crashed in bed (gratefully!) Andrew and I want to say a big thanks to all for making another fantastic weekend. We didn't take photos as we had our collective hands full and kept forgetting the damn camera whenever we left the van. Cant wait until next year when Lola and Xena will be making their Old Bar appearance.

Our T5 award must be in the mail! LOL!

great photos, great to catch up and cant wait to see you all again. Thanks Kyra for the fantastic shirts, they were a big hit. Thanks Craig for the name tags, and Grantus, he put T5 on ours, very considerate. Well done to the trophy holders. And the police state wasn't too intrusive this year for us. All the rules were a bit daunting though!

8. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

I'd like to give a big shout of thanks to Chuck, Josh, Animal and Ian for pulling over and helping us just outside Taree...our newly tyred wheel decided to come flying off at the start of our drive back to Sydney. Guys, we really appreciated your help and I am blown away by the kindness of my fellow Kombi Clubbers - as you could probably tell I was a bit shaken up by it at the time.
    We crawled back to Sydney - Chuck followed us for quite a while (thanks mate) and it was reassuring to know that we were not alone.
    Had a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all again soon.
    Thanks again guys
    Cheers
    Dave

9. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

What a fantastic weekend! There are truly some amazing vans out there. After a very long drive (and initially hungover!) I've got my second wind now!
    It was great to catch up with everyone and to meet a lot of new people.......one of the things that makes the KC so great is the quality of the people, thankyou all.
    It was a shame about the weather on Saturday night but I think Sunday night made up for it........I think.

Thanks to Chuck for continually rubbing my Storm nose in a Manly win........
    Thanks to Jon for taking advantage of me in my state of mourning and getting me drunk.....
    Thanks to Jules and Jacqui for their tip and getting me sober......
    And thanks to everyone for making such a wonderful weekend!

Ok..... have I said enough thankyous?

10. melissa

A big thank you to you Craig for the name badges - love your work!

That Jon is a naughty boy isn't he? Those text messages did not work ;) and your ID was not changed to "I Love Manly" or "The Invisible Storm"

11. kombiboys

kombiboys New Member

awning

Michelle the awnings look good where did you get them from and did they cost much?

12. melissa

I can answer that one for you - they are $99 from BCF. They have side panels as well.

13. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I took a pic of this bus too on the Sunday...... water cooled Bay? :rolleyes:

14. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

$99 at BCF and they were great they even with stood strong winds and driving rain.

I would also like to thank Craig for the great name badges it is so much easier when you can walk up to someone and you know who they are straight away.

I also think the effort award should go to Royce and Andrew who spent twelve hours on the road to get to Old Bar. Thats not bad but they did it with five small children in the car, I take my hat of to you guys. If ever a father of the year award should be given to someone you both should be first in line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

16. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

Here, here, I think you guys are awesome.... a real credit.

17. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Another innocent lowlight I happened to take a pic of at Old Bar:

[​IMG]

Yet on the way home, cruising at around 118kph (in a 110 zone), I caught up to this very same Bay.

I figure, that I'd slow down and give him a friendly Kombi wave as I pass, but he picks me in his mirrors, pulls right, and puts the hammer down.......... keeping up with him at 135kph, I just concede the wave, and let him play "wood duck" out front, and as he backed down to around 120, I moved in to his slipstream to follow.

I then ponder the number plate, combine with a little Porsche Badge stuck on the rear, to the right of the number plate, along with the "Big Ears", ducting more air to the upper vents, and guess he's running a 3.0l Porsche engine.

No match for my 2.1, on a "Double Demerit" weekend.... :lol:

18. greenbay

greenbay New Member

Does any one know the owners of the blue dc with the grey canopy on the back?I think they have a midget that goes to the same day care centre as mine.I haven't met them but we have shared the occassional kombi wave if it's the same ute.

19. OberonViking

OberonViking Well-Known Member

Was this standard for a splitty DC, the rear suicide door? Thinking of it for my DC

20. jb4845

jb4845 Member

Can't help with a name, but apparently they live at Redhead, if that helps