1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Bar - Now With Photos

Discussion in 'NSW' started by ruby6689, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Animal

Animal Active Member

No worries Shurms happy to help out a fellow Englishman.

cheers Animal.

2. Animal

Animal Active Member

Just a big congrates to Josh for takin out best bay at old bar,lookin good mate and happy to cruise with ya.

3. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Thats HOT....i'd love to know more about this baby...what a lil'sleeper hey!:cool:

4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

The owners name is Chris. They are members here called Ganga, with 2 very cute little boys.

5. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

The white Porche bay is owned by Paul of East Coast Kombis, West Gosford.

6. Frank

Frank Active Member

We all had a great time, met many interesting Kombi owners - fun weekend - for sure !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Happy Campletts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On my shopping list

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  7. Manda&Harry

Manda&Harry New Member

Hello to all in the Kombi Club cyber space.

Amanda here, Frank's daughter.

I'm new to all this and still pretty confuzzled, but am keen to share pics and ideas with everyone here.

let me know if i break any rules, and forgive me for any wonky posts that may appear..

after all, i am only on my L plates

=]

8. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

We've all discussed protective films, and "bras" to protect the front of our buses previously, but this unique approach caught my eye at old bar :D

[​IMG]

9. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Welcome L-Plater glad you have joined the mad family here at KC.:)

Grantus - that bra belongs to GAV Kombigal's beautiful bus :)

10. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

hey all, had a great time,despite a little rain!!
    Poor old shurms, he just had his wheels painted before the trip up an the left rear wheel fell off on the free way home.No one was hurt except his poor car.
    Luckily for shurms i was not far behind him,also newie crew ,animal,josh an jim to the rescue!!.
    we all went into pit stop mode...pulling out tools,jacks,wheel nuts an stuff to get his car fixed.shurms made it home back to sydney o.k.
    Good to see curtis finally got his hair cut. You should be a hairdresser jacky!!!
    Sorry about your footy team,craig.At least your car has a new name now!!!
    An lastly congrast to the k.c. trophy winners...ian from the central coast (black/white spitty)had a podium built to show off his trophy back at the camping ground.A proud moment..lol
    cant wait till next year,cheers chuck

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  11. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

pretty eventful event! what a great time and nice to see everyone. the usual apologies for any missed goodbyes. I left the caravan at ballina to get fuel thinking i could catch up but didn't, so a special bye to my travelling crew. We were drafting three busses and really going for it, rokken!

I bought a coathook that looks like a big black iron key a the swap meet and it's missing. It was near my beer cooler so might have gotten stuck to a ratbag teenager's sleeve haha! Maybe it ran off with my dignity!

Mel says to me when i got back "Glad to see you're home safe and sound" and I said, "not entirely sound" and whipped out the new haircut "they took m'pubes!!!"...:eek:

love to all see ya in november! curtis "lumpycrotch"

12. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

Curtis that would've gone down a treat, I'm sure. :lol:

13. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

aw mel's a sport, she just think's i'm more mad than ever now. I wonder how that happened? Busses and beers and bubbles o my!

14. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Well, after a LONG drive home, I am fully rested, recuperated and happily going to spend the next couple of hours on here looking through the threads I've missed out on. It was the longest trip I've ever taken Lola on (1,300km), and she went like the clappers.

My trusty travelling companion Callum and I had a most excellent time, and I am pleased to report the following statstics (recorded by the 7 year old!) - we overtook 20 cars/trucks on the way home to Brissie, we saw 17 Kombis (and got waves from every one of them) going in the opposite direction, which must be a record. Obviously the long weekend was good for Kombi camping. Callum said it was the best weekend he'd ever had, and is already set for next year. Happy days.

I didn't take any photos at all, but with Michelle walking around the caravan park with her massive flash, we knew we would be covered for great photos. Although the flash was so big we did wonder if it was actually lightening!! :D

Congratulations to all of the winners - how cool! I'm stoked for all of you. :heart:

You are MORE than welcome sweets. I'm glad the kiddies liked them. It was SO lovely to meet you both. I think you're treasures. One of the first things Callum told the rest of the family about was how much fun he'd had with Brian, and he told Ruby that she'll really like playing with Chloe at Easter. They're all set!

Really sorry to hear that Dave - glad that you and Babs got home safely - what a bummer way to end a great weekend, hey. Those Newcastle and Central Coaster people are worth their weight in gold.

Yep, their names are Heidi and Chris with 2 small boys. Heidi is an ice skating coach and they moved up to Newcastle from Victoria.

Hello to the gorgeous Amanda and welcome! I've got Ruby sorted for Easter, so you and Maya can work your magic on her and turn her into a cool person like you two are. :D

Glad your and your itchy bits (they WILL be itchy!) are home safe and sound. You should have seen how fast I went from the Gold Coast to Brisvegas - Lola grew some you-know-whats!

15. kom123

kom123 New Member

Well one more day at Old Bar to go. We arrived last Wednesday and there was one Kombi in the Park. We leave tomorrow and it looks as though Ben and family next door (in the red and white Splitty) will be the last Kombi out. What a great time despite the rain and looking forward to next year already. For those NSW people with kids thinking of booking again, next year the long weekend will be the first weekend of the school holidays instead of the middle weekend. Will post some pics later in the week when we get back to Sydney.

16. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Michelle couldn't get that smile off her face all day. Well done , Wilbur certainly looked special:D

[​IMG]

17. Frank

Frank Active Member

More pics (cloud cover was perfect for taking photos)

[​IMG]
    Always keep a Kombi handy in case your scooter breaks down

[​IMG]
    Kombi off spring

[​IMG]
    Pillow made from Elvis jacket

[​IMG]
    "I salute you ROOF RACK"

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  18. Frank

Frank Active Member

More pics