1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Bar - Now With Photos

Discussion in 'NSW' started by ruby6689, Oct 4, 2008.

1. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Superb photos everyone!
    What a weekend,shame about the weather though.
    As some of you already know that last year a few of us had a run in with the ranger guy last year. This year we were promised that he wouldnt be patrolling around but he still managed to verbally abuse a couple of travellers from the UK causing the woman to run out of the office crying.
    Needless to say they didnt stay in the park but slept in their kombi out in the football park.

I have some more friends who travelled up to Old Bar with me and brought there dog and didnt even attempt to smuggle the dog in and slept in their kombi next to the UK couple in the foot ball field.
    This friend of mine who owns the dog is also 8 months pregnant and used the caravan park toilet about 4 times. The park ranger saw her and called the police for trespass.
    Anyway, to cut a very long rant shortish, the locals are fed up with his actions cos they have noticed the tourism dropping during his stint as park warden.
    A local business owner I talked to said that they would prefer if all the Kombi owners boycotted the caravan park and stayed in alternate locations until this park ranger gets the sack.
    I will be writing a formal letter of complaint to the Old Bar council regarding these issues and will never be staying at that particular park until the ranger has left.
    For those of you who know me know that Iam not a angry bloke but making a pregnant woman pee behind a bush and making a potential customer cry isnt kosher in my book.

2. kombimatt

kombimatt Active Member

3. josh-kombi-kid

josh-kombi-kid New Member

4. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  5. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Jon - while I sympathise with the pregnant ladies need to go to the toliet I also know that I would have made sure that I was booked into a caravan park or close to public toilets if I was 8 months pregnant.
    The year that we bought our dogs to the event we stayed at the next caravan park, yes it is 20 mins away but they do allow dogs, and the 3 other years including this year, we dropped our dogs and cats off at boarding kennels.
    I guess what I am trying to say is you need to plan when you are pregnant and have animals to consider.

I am not in any way excusing the actions of the camp patroller who I feel should go for his heavy handed actions.

6. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Jon I was asked by the lady that runs the Old Bar festival if we would all write to the local council.She said that everyone is fed up with the man that runs the park and have tried everything to get rid of him. He is even up on charges at the moment for hitting a patron of the park.For us our visit was not the best due to the fact they thought it was alright to park us in the dirt. This later became mud and was over eveything, the park was full of empty grassed areas I cant understand there thinking. If there was another park close by I am sure this park would sit empty.

7. Tequila Sunrise

Tequila Sunrise Active Member

Thanks again everyone for a great weekend once again! Its like going home to see family. I am fighting the flu at the moment which I had the start before I left but it was all worth it, Jules and I had a great time catching up with everyone.
    Last year Jon this park manager kicked out an English couple and was very rude, I seem to think he has it in for certain people and nationalities. After last year we went for a drive up past Wingham and was told about camping at Ellenborough Falls which I think has a camping area and isn't far away. It would be great if we all went there or to a national park up that way as it is beautiful and we could do whatever we wanted to and just drive down on the Sunday. Just a thought if anyone knows the area more let us know.
    Congratulations to all the winners on Sunday.
    Will hopefully see the Newcastle crew next month.
    Jacqui

8. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

9. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

10. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

11. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

12. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

13. mish13