1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Bar - Now With Photos

Discussion in 'NSW' started by ruby6689, Oct 4, 2008.

1. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

2. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

3. Hippy-71

Hippy-71 New Member

G'day All,
    We had a great weekend at Old Bar, even with the weather...It was Great to meet up with some Members face to face, always good to be able to put a face to who we're chatt'n with on here!
    There were some very nice buses on display,was great to see people's pride and joys in the flesh so to speake.. It was also great to meet some poeple who weren't members of the K.C but are now going to join our ever increasing family ...
    We took some photo's of the weekend too...but I'll have to get Juz to put them up as I don't know how..:eek:
    Anyway was Great to meet some of you and look forward to the next event !

P.s; Thanks HEAPS for the marsbar slice Melissa...ur the best :D !

4. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Just watch out Carl - you know I want those patchwork pants you were wearing...... :)

Kyra

5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

On Saturday they had another car show so I thought I would show you a few of the old cars on display
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

7. dakbus

dakbus Member

Thanks for the 2 photos of the Studebaker President, i used to own a couple of Studebakers as a teenager and like my first Kombi i wish i never sold them, i just love the curves and wings etc.

8. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

happy!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  9. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

getting the hang of photobucket

I love this shot [​IMG]

saturday night probably about 6pm and gettin worse!
    [​IMG]

sitting in the bus with the joke glasses on watching people react
    [​IMG]

10. Hippy-71

Hippy-71 New Member

:lol: You'll have to get them off me first Kyra !.............And before anyone says anything, NO I wasn't being rude
    :wtf:

11. Two Yanks

Two Yanks New Member

Michelle,
    What a great group of pictures. I would love to see one of your winning presentation for Wilbur. (He is stand alone so your presentation could have been easy)

12. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Yeah, that's about how much help Callum was while he was supposed to be "working" - managed to sit in every box and destroy 2 of them completely.... :)

13. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

14. kom123

kom123 New Member

Two years ago Greg and Edwina (in EMU065 Splitty) and myself and the family took a drive up to the Falls. It's a great drive up that way but be warned there was a fair amount of unsealed road which is (a) very very dusty like when we went (b) could be as bad or worse in rain. I think from memory to the falls it was at least 70kms from Old Bar (one way).

15. warb

warb Member

hey scott, you back now?.. time to change that avatar mate!..

16. Hippy-71

Hippy-71 New Member

I have to agree with you Jon, some great photo’s of the weekend and over all despite the weather it was a great weekend……

Now I wasn’t going to say anything but I feel I have too…It’s not too hard to work out that the “pregnant woman” people are referring to is my partner Justine [juzbee] Juz and I go camping a lot in Gidget and never stay in Caravan Parks but choose to free camp just as I did with my family every school holidays in our ’74 Pop-Top from the age of 3 up to high school.
    As for looking into where to stay…we decided we’d stay at the Beach at Old Bar use the surf clubs amenities ‘til they closed then during the night Juz would use the Porta-loos set up for the Festival…pretty straight forward I would’ve thought !
    But once we got there we met up with two other couples not staying in the Park and we all set up camp over at the Oval away from the C/van Park…and why were these other couples not staying in the park?…because when they went to check in the Manager treated one of the ladies like dirt, put her down and humiliated her in front of others !
    Yes we did use the Parks amenities on a few occasions…but why wouldn’t we aren’t visitors allowed to when visiting patrons staying in the Park ??
    On the second night we moved closer to the Park so as we could leave Ruby at the car and we could still talk with K.C members, but as it turned out they were in the parks kitchen watching the Grand Final so we stayed on “our side of the fence” and had a few drinks [except Juz] Now this so-called Manager leaves the Park grounds, comes to where we were shines his torch in our faces and says “I’ve called the cops they’re on there way “ he was quite aggressive in his tone and we told him to go, leave us alone.
    He continued to harass us then left.
    The Police arrived an hr or so later and asked us to move as the Manager had rang and complained that we shouldn’t be allowed to stay in the area.
    They got us to move back to where we stayed the first night so Juz had to drive each car over as she hadn’t had a drink.
    About ½ hr later the police returned and said the Manager had rang them again still complaining that we were still to close..the Police told us to stay put just don’t go near him and were fed up with him by this stage themselves !
    Now I have worked in a Holiday Park for 3 years about 5yrs ago, admittedly, but I’m pretty sure to work in this environment you still need at least some “people skills” this so called Manager obviously has none !
    I spoke to my brother concerning this whole matter as he has been working in the Tourism Industry, mainly Holiday Parks for the last 12yrs as a Manager of a 4 1/2 star facility and currently is in charge of the Ballina Shire holiday Parks 4 in total, he also does consulting work with other Parks and Affiliations such as Big 4, Family Parks Aust and Top Tourist Parks [ which the Old Bar park is part of ] needless to say he wasn’t impressed and he contacted the G.M of the Top Tourist Parks who was also disgusted with the Managers actions, he will be looking into this and the complaints made.
    I believe the Owners of the Park live in Foster and own other Parks there as well, my brother will be talking to them also as he knows them personally and wants them to know that the Manager they have at Old Bar is not only getting their Park a bad name but is going to end up costing them a lot of money.
    I for one will have to really consider returning to the next Festival if he is still running the Park and is still treating people in such a unbelievable manner.
    And yes we also take Ruby our dog, she goes every where with us and has since Juz got her as a 10 week old pup she’s now 12 going on 13. So I don’t believe in putting her into a kennel with strangers, locked up in a run along side other dogs and yes I realize they get let out for exercise but why should we put her thru this stress while we are enjoying a holiday…sorry we enjoy her company and she too enjoys the trips away…as I said she’s part of our family.

17. kom123

kom123 New Member

Yes unfortunately our Old Bar stint is now over although I'm having a hard time prising the T4 dual cab away from Di! Yes I need to change the avatar, I guess seeing the old Bus at the festival gave me withdrawal symptoms! BTW must talk to you about some work stuff too.

18. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

A few kombi owners were selling parts at Old Bar and we picked up this set of deluxe opening quarter vents, Andy wasted no time installing them:D
    [​IMG]

19. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Not quite sure what you mean, but are these close?

Wilbur:

[​IMG]

And the presentation award:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  20. Two Yanks

Two Yanks New Member

Thank's Grantus,
    I appreciate that.