Some more work on the Syncro in the last few month - whenever I got a bit of time, I found something to do As I had a wobbly gear stick, decided to replace all parts of its guidance. First started with the gearstick itself. As I was on that part of the shifting, just fitted in a quick shifting set (reduces shifting ways by approx. 25%) Took me than another 4-5 weeks to get to replace all bushings, rubber boots and some of the hinges for the shifting linkage: Especially the plastic bits on the shifting fork were buggered... just found left overs in the box. Took me a while to source new ones. There are not many companies around the globe which offer those for a reasonable price I good quality. Also whiles I was in the mood, changed the rubber discs from the steering shaft - what a pain to do! Don't even try it without taking off the steering column - I tried it without and failed took me about an hour to figure it out how to fit it back in... Doesn't make a difference in steering, but it's much better to know having replaced the cracked old ones.