Oztent

Discussion in 'Camping Australia' started by Barry, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a 30 second Oztent?

We are heading off for a 2 week camping trip soon and it will be one night here and 2 nights there

I have a JK(?) tent that attaches to the side door - but it aint the quickest thing to set up or pack away, especially if it is raining

The 30 second tents look interesting - but they dont have a fly or inner tent
    And that means heat

So - can any one give me some first hand information?

2. mr930

mr930 Member

Yes, we have 3 of them. They are great, setup in no time. Highly recommend them, worst downfall is the price.

3. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

I use one all the time. Sometimes on the vehicle where I have a sail track fitted.

[​IMG]

and sometimes on the trailer with the tent fly on the vehicle:

[​IMG]

No matter how it is used it is great and easy to put up. The tent I have is an RV3. As stated earlier the only drawback is the price. I also opted for the walls that fit the annex to the tent. Makes for great space.

Ian

4. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Ok. So do you have issues with heat from not having an inner tent or fly?

How waterproof are they?

How do you carry them?
    Inside or roof racks?

Barry

5. Wattie

Wattie Active Member

We have a RV4 and apart from the price its very good, however, attaching to the vehicle will require some thought, ours fixes to the Fiamma awning mounting brackets and if it rains I whined out the awning to cover the gap. the waterproofing is excellent and the ventilation is good (large zippered openings) we sleep in the van and eat and store in the tent.
    Depending on weather conditions condensation can be a issue, the Oz tent is no exception, also the tent material is not block out so privacy should to be considered, all in all we are more than satisfied with our setup. We store our tent inside the vehicle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

I camped New Years eve next to a non kombi friend who had two Oz-tents the same as this (1 for him & the Mrs and one for his 3 kids).

I noticed that they are really long and fairly wide and high folded up in their bag - they kept them both on the roof racks as they wouldnt fit in their brand new Prado.

They are about 35 kgs with the bag each.