Paint Sticker Decor

Discussion in 'Body' started by Wayne murray, May 17, 2017.

1. pof

pof New Member

I've been given the dimensions of 34mm x 70mm but my source was a bit uncertain on the 70mm - are you able to check whether these dimensions are correct?

p

2. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Hi pof;
    I got the dimensions from a different colour, same period sticker which I will use later to copy for Avocado Green. Dimensions you show is what the sticker I got is.
    wayne

3. pof

pof New Member

Thanks for your help Wayne

I've been in contact with Gary from Toyotaheritage who makes reproduction decals - he's got some Volkswagen ones but not the same as ours. He's going to a print run using the same artwork from the decal - would you like me to ask him to make up an Avocado Green one while I'm at it?

pof

4. Wayne murray

Only if he is making it in our decal. If he is making it in the current decal the answer would be no. I already emailed him before he started printing and had shown him the one I wanted but he didn't make that decal.:confused: Wayne

5. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

6. Wayne murray

Hi Barry;
    Yeah I tried.He had my other stickers I wanted made for two years without any product in the end with several emails with explanations. In the end I just asked for my copies to be returned to be made by others locally.

7. pof

pof New Member

Hi Wayne

I just heard back from him as follows - can I tell him that u would like one - I’ve asked him to confirm that once he gets artwork setup that changing the colour wording is easy - is anyone else after one that you know of? I figure if we can get 4-5 people keen then we could split the cost? Let me know what u think - p

Hi and apologies for the delayed reply.

The dims are the same as the existing range.

Its very uneconomical to run one decal though (would be more than $100).

Do you know any other VW owners looking for the colours from 72 to 75?

It will be viable if we can do the range across a few years.

Many thanks, Gary

8. Wayne murray

Can you confirm Gary is it the same decal that he already run. with the colour change . If so I would rather get my own made in the correct decal. If it is not like my photo in the original post I rather not get one thanks Gary
    regards Wayne

9. pof

pof New Member

Hi Wayne - that post was from me, not Gary - I just copied into my post what Gary's response was to me - sorry if I caused any confusion. I'll double check with Gary but he was talking about making up new artwork to match our decal - I'll check and come back to you.

regards

Peter

10. Wayne murray

Sorry Peter thanks for that no problems as there are other colours that I would like with my style decal as well.thanks Wayne

11. pof

pof New Member

Thanks Wayne - what colours do you want made? I'm going to email Gary and tell him what I want and if you could let me know what you want, I'll tell him how many and what colours and confirm that he will do the artwork to match the decal that we want, p

This is the one I want to get made attached

Attached Files:

12. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Loving the attention to detail you guys are after.......:D

Wayne murray likes this.
  13. Wayne murray

Thanks peter. Colour's I want writing are in capitas on originals
    AVOCADO GREEN 566-13176
    ANTARCTICA WHITE 566-12330
    SHANTUNG 566-13174
    regards Wayne

David H likes this.
  14. pof

pof New Member

Hi Wayne

Have you got one of the decals to check the vertical dimension (is it 34 or 32mm?). I emailed Gary and he came back with the following message. I have also attached the photo of the decal that he sent me - it looks like the same artwork that we need for our decal - but could you please confirm the dimension as to whether it is 34 mm or 32mm high (the width is 70mm).

Could you please let me know and I'll then ask him to go ahead - thanks Peter

Hi P,

The artwork for the later AMI decals is in the attached pic ('Mocca'). This example is actually off a Rambler (AMI) and its the same as the one used on the VW's. This same artwork was used on the Bowell Nagari and also on BMCA cars.

I just need to confirm the dimensions though, and appreciate if you can recheck the height (top to bottom) measurement with your source. You had 34mm whereas the previous editions (the ones we already sell) were only 32mm top to bottom.

The original artwork I acquired has all details except the measurements for this type of decal!

I can make decals once I have the confirmation and will produce the colours required by yourself and your friend.

Many thanks, Gary

Attached Files:

15. Wayne murray

Hi Peter;
    I measured mine again and it is missing the top part.The section that I have got is 33 mm with the part added I say it is 34 mm. I would stick to 34 mm high as original.
    regards wayne

16. Wayne murray

Hi Peter:
    I spoke to someone today that would like
    MUSTARD 566- 13974 can you add to list please if possible. thanks Wayne

17. pof

pof New Member

Will do, thanks Wayne

18. pof

pof New Member

Hi Wayne

I've added that Mustard request in.

Got this message back from Gary this afternoon - sounds like it will take him a couple of weeks:

Hi P,

Thanks for the double check. We can get this underway!

I have a total of 21 colours for VW and have included the colours you have listed below.

Will list them up as soon as they are ready. Usually takes a couple of weeks to schedule set-up and print.

Best regards, Gary

19. pof

pof New Member

Just heard back from Gary - he’s printed the decals - here’s a photo - he said that he hasn’t put them up on eBay yet but will do so shortly on his toyotaheritage site

They look pretty good - I’m going to ask him about the colour though - the blue looks pretty dark as compared to the original

Attached Files:

David H likes this.
  20. Wayne murray

What blue you talking about? It does look like its from the flash causing the blue!

David H likes this.