1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panel beater needed Sunshine Coast area qld

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Tracey, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Tracey

Tracey New Member

Hi can anyone please recommend someone (other than the big resto shops who do a great job at a great - meaning large - price) who can cut out rust and replace some panels on my sad rusty old kombi? Maybe someone who will work on it weekends for cash. I live at Glass House mountains near the Sunshine Coast which is north of Brisbane. I would appreciate any and all advice. Cheers Tracey 0402759818

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Tracey,
    I cannot recommend anyone who is doing work at a 'Great Price' and is also producing decent quality work.
    Beware of this as people get caught by backyarders who offer good prices but cannot produce good work.

If you are willing to send you bus to the Gold Coast I can recommend the guy doing my work. His hourly rate charge is realistic given that he has a bucket load of experience but lower overheads then the big shops. But his quality is second to none. He is a business though so not much of the cash in hand works available. But at least you will get it done right first time.
    PM me if you decide to go that way.

Another fabricator that I have spoken to is Tim Johnson. He is in Nambour. You should be able to track his number down through google. He worked on some kombi's (search spud single cab ute). He is mainly muscle cars. I was next in line for a spot in his shop for over a year however so fitting you in may be the issue.

Otherwise best of luck in your search.

3. Hippy Chik

Hippy Chik Member

I hear ya Tracey! I have done ALOT myself.. you can do it you know :cry: it's hard for us chicks. There are alot of morons out there that just think we know JACK... and yes i do have SO much yet to learn, but never the less we can do this! One quote i had was $3000 one was $6000 one was $8 one was $13000 !!! go figure.. one bloke just said NUP!
    Get a guide called Volkswagon for idiots!! it is a laid back cool approach to working mechanically and physically on ya van spelt out to you in normal language, quite humorous in parts :p which helps when you just want to hit it with a SLEDGE hammer!!! I have a 73 camper and i LOVE, her rust holes and all :) What do you have? Mine as they say: " HAs rust in ALL the NORMAL areas" which is funny in itself :wtf:

4. Dannyred

Dannyred Member

5. Tracey

Tracey New Member

Hi thanks guys - all good advice

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

PM sent
    cheers
    col

7. Tracey

Tracey New Member

Thanks to Dannyred, I have my panel beater man!!! Looking forward to starting the resto on my rusty old kombi. I will put updates on this thread as we go. I will have to think of a new term of endearment for my "rusty old kombi" lol.

8. davidr

davidr Member

Hey Tracey,

How did you go with Heath..?

Happy with what he did..?

Thanks,

Dave.

9. DakDak67

DakDak67 Well-Known Member

How's your progress Dave? have you punched that bitch in the mouth yet?

10. davidr

davidr Member

Nah mate, Happy to hear from anyone who might of had good work done before that.. Might be just me.. o_O
    Some snaps of his handy work..

Attached Files:

11. DakDak67

DakDak67 Well-Known Member

Oh my.. looks like a 6yo has pinched the welder off dad..

12. davidr

davidr Member

Talks better than he welds.. F#*ker..!!

13. Dannyred

Dannyred Member

I was pretty happy with what he did to my old splitty on the front nose. Otherwise i would not have put you in touch with him. Definitely different league of work done judging by the photos you have shown. What a shame .sorry for the bum steer, think I will try someone else for my latest project.

14. davidr

davidr Member

All good mate..