1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcel Shelves

Discussion in 'Interior' started by KahunaKombi, Oct 6, 2006.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi there Roy Boy - while I spoke to you about the parcel shelf at the Action Day was undecided but on thought now will get one.
    Can you post pic for other members and put one aside for me - if you're going to the Gold Coast Show on Sunday 5th November possibly you could bring it along so I can fit it there in that period of slow activity and to amuse myself + grab a hand if needed from someone

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  2. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

bert i think you should get handyman of the year thats one way of passing the time when things get boring , would love to see the pics on this one
    just remember beers afterwards mate !! when the jobs done ok

3. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

Here you go Bert, be quick Bert they sell like Hot cakes

Attached Files:

4. Roy

Bert can you confirm we have to put one aside ??
    I think you should park next to our Trade Stand, seems people take one look at your bus and then come and buy something.
    Should I bring a drill??
    If you have heater channels on your doors, you will have to trip the ends to suit, Its only a small bit.

5. KahunaKombi

Roy - confirmed - please put one aside.
    I'll bring a drill, saw and tools and thanks for the offer - hey we may even get a clinic going on installing bits :)

6. KahunaKombi

Tom - I'll have the Esky there as in past years with a couple of cold beers to have once it's done :)

7. JamieH

JamieH New Member

hey bert, just a thought. You'll need a hammer and punch to tap out the roll pin holding the handbrake lever on. The center support has too slide over the shaft(not being rude either). It will be a worth while addition to IGOR. They look soooooo gooood and you'll wonder what ya did with ya stuff once its fitted. I have one in mine n will be gettin one for wifeys too. Dont like the look of the fibreglass ones once you've see these.
    Good luck n see ya there. jamie

8. KahunaKombi

Thanks Jamie - I replaced the brake handle (courtesy of Roy) and the reminder on the pin punch - think I fiddled with a nail to do it so best I check the tool box for it

9. KahunaKombi

Hey Jamie - if you're at the show this Sunday may get you to give me some advice on this seeing you done one already

10. KahunaKombi

So Roy have you got one for me or did something happen - do I need to bring the tools or just take them out after packing them this morning

11. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Bert,
    The required drill bits come with the tray but you will also need to bring something to mark the location of the holes to be drilled,we found a pencil did the job as it showed up on the black plastic. You will need a ruler or tape measure to get the position of the holes to be drilled and also to get her straight.
    We have put one in both our busses, on the 74 she needed a bit of fiddling and some rubber washers to pack out the back a bit (and a couple of longer screws) but on the 76 it fitted like a glove.
    Cup holders in a Kombi ....such luxury...can't live without ours!
    Will be there tomorrow with both the campers, might have to swim there but at least they won't overheat......see you there...Lorraine

12. KahunaKombi

Thanks Lorraine - by a post in show us your pics from Roy I expect he's off loaded the shelf he was to have put aside for me so it won't be going in tomorrow and will re think if I really want to do now. could have gone down and picked them up thought he'd do the right thing. Also if there is too much fiddling to get them into my 73 it may now dis-interest me.

13. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

It will be worth doing, I'm sure he will get one for you soon. Knowing Roy he'll probably has one for you tomorrow!;)

14. KahunaKombi

Well I've PM'd him and posted plenty of times about it and SMS'd him but no response so I doubt it very much

15. KahunaKombi

Also taken all the tools out so it'll be intersting to see/hear the story

16. Roy

sincere apologies Bert

17. KahunaKombi

As they say in the classics - shit happens. Roy, keep me posted on the next delivery

18. KahunaKombi

Hey Roy - has the next shipment arrived yet?

19. Roy

They are on the way, we have been waiting for a few items to be ready.
    Should be here early next week and your name is on one of them.

20. KahunaKombi

Thanks Roy -when it is all sorted and ready to collect please give me a call on 0419 660 898.