Parcel Shelves

Discussion in 'Interior' started by KahunaKombi, Oct 6, 2006.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

They dont come with an instruction sheet. Just follow the photos that have been put up on here.

2. terbear

terbear Member

So what is the difference between the ones that Roy sells to the ones that were for sale last weekend at dubs??? Obviously they look different..but which ones work best??

3. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

That's a great idea, going to use that for sure.

The shelfs alone are really sturdy and don't rattle but some of the stuff I keep in my parcel shelf does bounce around.

4. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

I tried both and found that the plastic one was much easier to install. If you have a deluxe the you will have to cut the corners off and put a screw through the corners into the vent.

5. terbear

terbear Member

I have it....it's in....4 and a half hours for an engineer to install in my deluxe...glad I wasn't paying him.

6. Nigel

Nigel Member

As you say, just as well you weren't paying for the engineer's time, at circa > £100 per hour labour charges; that would have been an expensive set of parcel shelves. ;) :umm:

7. Weeds

Weeds Member

Are these available through the Bus Stop, I couldnt find them, how much are they?

Regards
    Ross

8. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Great thread. i really would like some shelves, loved the curved ones. In the last 3 days, Ive had my mobile, key and pen fall down the back of the tray thats already in and I REALLY would like a cup holder. I looked at the ones on Samba but whats the score with delivery did anyone find out. The bus stop I couldnt find them. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

thanks,

Deb

9. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Stupid question, how do you install the handbrake surround? or did I skim over this thread too quickly?

10. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Look at post #36

11. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Worked it out there is a pin in the handle though someone had glued the handle on or something:eek: mines in a few adjustments to make may take some pics when lights better

12. ooncey

ooncey New Member

Hey
    Guys this is the first time I've posted (I'm not techno savvy with the photos) I realise this post has been running for a number of years but I thought I'd show you my home made under dash shelf.
    I didn't really want a full length one but just enough for the speakers wallet and a couple of drink holders.
    Shaped up a bit of MDF, few coats of bondcrete to waterproof and the fitting. I'm pretty pleased with myself considering I got the speakers to sound ok in the position they are in!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Serious85 likes this.
  13. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Find the cup holders are limited value. not much space to get in/out easily and small diameter.
    Email or phone Roy at the Bus Stop.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  14. Alpal

Bit worried with the first chipboard pic but final product jooks great, and like the idea of front speaker position. Door mounted bounces the sound across the cab, not where the ears are!

15. jempower

jempower New Member

a can of xxxx fits perrrfect

16. SunnyJim

SunnyJim Well-Known Member

alpal

that looks great! well doen , thinking outside the square!

17. jempower

jempower New Member

pic

heres mine bought from JK[​IMG]

18. jempower

jempower New Member

My Two Pennys Worth

The hardest thing I found was fitting the rubber boot on the floor for the hand break rod, I had to remove all bolts links etc

19. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

HMRMDF when sealed & painted will last forever if kept dry. Nice work ooncey - careful you don't blow a knee cartilage when you crank the tunes :lol: cheers, Mark

20. Alpal

Deaf left leg syndrome!