1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcel Trays

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Rocky, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I have a set of these trays in Rocky and absolutely love them, they are super strong, low enough to fit tall items and large drinks in them, and they use existing bolts only to hold them in place.
    I am now looking at getting another set for the DC and am trying to sort out best price from the guys in the US while our dollar is good.
    If anyone else is interested, PM me for details and I will try sort out the best deal we can. The pics are from before Rockys resto and I assure you they look great with kick panels behind them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Chris, I could be interested in them, depending on cost.

3. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Me too. Do they fit all types of Kombis?

4. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I know they at least fit Bay kombis, lowlight and late. The cup holders can also be modified to have diferent positions, or more or less.
    Here is the link on thesamba, the price is a bit better if we buy more and then obviously freight is on top of that.......
    http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=678630

5. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

I'm still thinking about it Chris. It's either this one or the bamboo. Might wait and see what turns up at tomorrows swap meet.

By the way Rocky is looking good in that pic. Are you going to update his resto thread?

6. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

No worries Aspro,
    I have jangled the price down a little further for 2, so maybe the more the merrier, not sure, but could get lucky.
    Rocky will be updated as I go when I get home, guaranteed, if anything like last time, much beer will be consumed.....Cant wait to be cruising again....

7. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I could be interested. The link you posted doesn't seem to work for me and if I search 'parcel shelf' on samba it turns up 7 different shelves.
    Let us know on price.
    Plus, rough dimentions as I would then need you to send it to brisbane so I could work out australia post.

8. vwmad

vwmad New Member

The link didnt work for me neither,i might be keen if the price is right:)
    cheers shane.

9. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

me too. Like the other version that has the hole through for the handbrake, but if the price is ok wife likes the drink holders,

Adrian

10. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=678630

Hi guys, I just tried this link and worked for me, so hopefully would work for all....

Will check out dimensions etc and work it out. I am thinking that if all is in check and people are happy to source now and receive later, then Bus Stop at Narooma could be good for organising deliveries at the normal KC rate....

11. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

That one works.
    Rocky, if you are talking / emailing the fella's. Do the cup holders come unitstalled but supplied so we can choose were to put them.

I like the idea of the raw timber, that would suit me best.

12. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Sorry Rocky, I will have to pull out. Wife doesn't like the height that the shelf is at and is happier with the plastic one from the busstop that sits a bit higher.

Adrian

13. vwmad

vwmad New Member

I like the raw timber ones too:) i think postage will be the killer:(
    cheers shane.

14. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

With the vinyl ones, they come with holes cut and finished as the vinyl tucks through the hole, we can request anything of these guys as they will custom fit the holes wherever we like. I am guessing that with the plain timber you could cut and fit the holders wherever you like.
    For mine I am having the holes as shown in my original pics, but with an extra(4th) cup holder on the drivers side shelf, left of the steering column, this will mainly be used for coins, fuses etc. :D

15. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

No worries Adrian,
    It is funny that one of the the things I love about them is the height:lol: :lol:
    Oh well, each has its own values.

Cheers, Chris

16. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Last time one set cost $66 to ship, same item now costs $85. (11 pounds, 9 ounces in box 28 X 13 X 9)

That is a quote from an email from the guys, Once I have a few numbers firmed up, I reckon a quote should be a lot better per item for more items. Will have to wait and see for the quote I think, but keep in mind I am getting at least one set anyway.

Cheers, Chris

17. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Looking at your top picture, they obviously change orientation of cup holders for the right hand drive buyers. I would like to confirm price first, but I am very keen on the raw timber, but the 4th cup holder is a good idea as well. And unless the cup holder is a stupid size, I am happy to cut in myself.

18. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

The cup holders appear to be a fairly simple standard plastic cup type. When they send it, these come loose with cable ties to tie around them to hold them in place. I am away at sea so can not measure for you, I will ask them the size and if they will suppy them uncut for you. I dont think it will be a problem but will let you know.

Chris

19. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

The size hole required is 2 7/8", this would be roughly 73mm, not sure of standard hole saw sizes, but should work out....

20. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Assuming these dimentions you gave are inches. Means Melbourne to Brisbane is 6kg @71cm x 33cm x 22cm = @24 (+$3 for registered)

That is not too bad for anyone interested up here.