1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paying it forward - The VW camper Van Biography.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SunnyJim, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

She needs to give it to me. If I had known I could have read it and given it to Scott next week. I might get a chance when we see you guys over the weekend.

Adrian

2. kombiwomble

kombiwomble Active Member

Oh Mordred - you are too needy sometimes!! ;)

3. Mordred

Maybe. I learnt from the best!!!! :p

Adrian

4. kombiwomble

kombiwomble Active Member

You are out of luck buddy - it's not your turn next. The book will be going to Queeeeennnnsland next!

ruby6689 likes this.
  5. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

No queue jumping on this one! :eek:

Put your name on the list, wait your turn, and enjoy when it arrives......:)

ruby6689 likes this.
  6. Mordred

No worries. Happy to wait,

Adrian

ruby6689 likes this.
  7. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

If it's in Tassie may as well stay there for Adrian and Stevie VW = out of order but may speed up overall progress. IT's not a case of how far it will travel but expediency and courtesy to keep others advised which hasn't happened without prodding.

No time limit set on how long you had and Brad copped a flogging over his 4 weeks of having it, no one else has copped it, then no one has really given any consideration to others to inform they received & desptached it to next on list.

I'm happy to relinquinsh my spot to you Grant.

8. Grantus

Just kidding.....:p

Makes sense to squeeze Adrian in the list now, and then send to QLD as planned....:)

9. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Gee Bert loosen up, it's a book, does it really matter who, when, where? The fun is in the journey and the joy of receiving it to read and passing it on. We don't need the 'book Police' to track it's journey, it will get to it's next destination.

Who cares if it is in Tassie then goes to QLD, our postage system is amazing in Australia and there would only be a day or two in it and the postage cost is the same Australia wide as it is under 500 grams in weight.

Let the magical mystery journey continue.

10. KahunaKombi

Well Lorraine, you got it and handled it the way you wanted to and disagree with my comments & I disagree with yours.

It is the 2nd time I have offered Grant to receive it before me.

Let others who have not received it question where it is at - that is what has been raised and I purely expressed my view of observations which evidently you have been offended by & disagree with.

Think you should chill and let those in the queue who are wondering it's whereabouts ask and other non recipients respond accordingly. Am sure others care where it is = thus the question.

As for the postage system comment - totally disagree as it's turned into a joke - as no one has posted despatched nor receipt dates except for last week or a coupe of weeks ago convince me otherwise.

Magical mystery journey - please = not magical, mystery oh yes it is a mystery, a journey of unknown times.

Peace, love, tranquility went out the window with having to be politically correct.

As for the book police comment :rolleyes:o_O:(:confused::eek:. You put it out there having a dig & I'm just expressing my view.

11. betsy

betsy Well-Known Member

Still keen to have a read...hope I am still on the list?

Jerome

12. KahunaKombi

Yeah you're still on the list - think it's page 3 where I compiled the list so you can check there :cool:

betsy likes this.
  13. KahunaKombi

SO an update ...... Arrived today @ Chateau Corvette in the 4.00 pm mail delivery :rolleyes:

14. Grantus

This book travels slower than a splitty with a 1200 motor, low oil and bad spark plugs! :D

15. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

You going to Bus Stop this year Grant ?
    I was going to offer Bert that I would save him the postage and drop it to you at bus stop ;)

16. Grantus

Unless you want a night here on the way to, or on the way home, or both, from Bus Stop Col, it won't happen.:(

I haven't done a days "real paying work" since 15 December........so I've got to hook back in, & Easter is always a busy time for me.

17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

See what happens

hopefully Bert can figure out the pictures quicker than that ;):D

18. KahunaKombi

Australia Post took 7 days - posted 12th January 2016 - received 19th ...... and they reckon it's going to get slower.

Now Col, you know how challenged I become when viewing pictures :confused:o_O

19. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Be fair, they did have to row across Bass Straight in a dingy.:rolleyes:

Maybe organise some visits from Blue Nurses to read you a chapter each week :D

Going to be slow to me . rural mail's horse is getting thin as they save on hay to pay for the CEO's bonuses for doing such a great job of winding the service down.
    Funding his super may mean the remnants are sold to india or china :(

20. KahunaKombi

The journey continues, on it's way to the ACT ..... a couple of interesting Kombi names (members here have kombis named the same) & quotes ;)