Perth 2014

Discussion in 'Event Discussion' started by saabman, Apr 23, 2014.

1. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Great news Geoff, i await your update re the test drive.

2. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Vaughan, They love their camping mate. I think maybe its just the grog they can keep drinking. They head back home on Sunday.

3. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Great to hear you got home ok Guys.

4. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

When we pulled up 70ks from Adelaide on Monday night to have a sleep, we picked up a hitch hiker. Whilst we were attempting some shut eye, at one stage i awoke to something crawling up my leg ( i had shorts on) It must have been heavy as it woke me, i brushed it of to a thudd against the inside of the van. Thinking spider, caiguna giant moth or a mouse. Then later when we were dricing again Cathy felt something walk across her foot. So when we got home and cleaned out the bus, i sprayed for spiders etc and put in 2 mouse traps. Just open the door and one little field mouse caught in the trap. Then just checked the other trap and another one, Martin Bernie Geoff, you guys may want to check your buses out, we mave have caught them at one of our free cams or any park we stayed in.

5. Wattie

Wattie Active Member

No mice on us, Sophie is real good at sorting critters. :)

6. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Great to hear eveyone is either home or sorted ready for more adventures or a boat ride overseas in Martin's case. Thats why we invented Tasmania - to house the trouble makers like Martin.

Cant wait to see some more photos......

7. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Lol....funny you say that because we have one as well. I think I know where we pickec it up but rather not say where....i bet bernie hasnt got any.

8. Wattie

Wattie Active Member

Update, the big road test..........................................it goes like a bl**dy beauty, fantastic, a ripper, look out world :lol:

Will start a new thread with pics on the repair as soon as I get sorted.

9. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

excellent.
    need something solid in front of the suby :)

10. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

240bhp is not something to take lightly.

How is the new ratio with the new crown-wheel & pinion?

11. sacky

sacky Member

The boat trip and sea air will be like rehab they will be fresh as daisies when they get off the boat.

12. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Yes your right Martin - no furry hitchhikers here.
    ;)

Well done on getting on the road wattie, looking forward to hearing how it works out with the higher ratio..

13. Wattie

Wattie Active Member

Bernie the taller diff has made a big difference in revs at a 100 Ks was 3450 / 3500 rpm its now 3050 / 3100 might be a bit more easier on fuel, we'll see on the return journey.

Now for the real news, this trip is now well and truly jinxed, we were walking Sophie at a park when she was mugged by a Staffy cross pitbull thing, she didn't know what hit her, the mongel had her by the throat and tossed her around like a rag doll, she was screaming, a sound that's going to haunt me for the rest of my life, she managed to get away just before I reached them and ran back to Irene at the VW. As dogs do when they are hurt she tucked herself away in a corner and slept.

Today, she is still very quiet, ate breakfast in the usual manner and went back to sleep, if she doesn't improve today we'll take her to the Vet in the morning.

The grief the near constant rain we've had enough we give up, heading for home in the next couple of days !

14. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Bloodyhell guys, you better buy a lotto ticket when you get home, you need some luck soon. Glad Paladin is going much betterer. Hope sophie is doing ok. Lady sent her a smooch.

15. milly

milly Active Member

Sensational effort Guys, well done, I wish so much one day to do a trip like that.
    All the best.

Steve

16. saabman

Hey Geoff hope you guys are now home safe and sound...

17. saabman

I was just going through pics of the trip and came across a bit of a video of some rough terain we encounted somewhere west of the bight

[video=youtube_share;ntnKW42ODmg]http://youtu.be/ntnKW42ODmg[/video]

18. vwfreak03

Good memorys.........and would do it again in a heart beat :)

bernie......i got a new fuel pump in the post so will....touch wood....get round to changing it this weekend.

19. vwfreak03

Good memorys.........and would do it again in a heart beat :)

bernie......i got a new fuel pump in the post so will....touch wood....get round to changing it this weekend.

20. vwfreak03

How many kms did you end up doing in total for the trip?