Perth 2014

Discussion in 'Event Discussion' started by saabman, Apr 23, 2014.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

That's what our driveway looks like!

2. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

No rush with the fuel pump .

Final tally for the trip

17 days
    8502km
    925litres fuel (mainly 91 or E10)
    2litres of oil

500.117km/day

10.88 liters/ 100km

3. saabman

No wonder your steering went south at Griffith Loraine :eek:

4. Wattie

Wattie Active Member

We are still in Port Lincoln, it has rained solid for 48 hours with wind squalls, :umm: I sat up most of last night pushing the tent awning up to get rid of the water, I had a broom on top of a step on top of the table holding the roof up but the wind would lift the roof and the broom fell........great night, we're sitting her like drowned rats, cant pack as everything is dripping wet.............Murphy has not left us yet, but we are still smiling...........oh here comes the rain again, what's the difference between a smile and a grimace? I think Irene is somewhere in-between. :)

5. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

i know the feeling.......it rained nearly every day we were in WA !!

camping in the rain is no fun !

6. saabman

Geoff id be just throwing everything in the van wet and making my next stop home !!

7. Wattie

Wattie Active Member

We are now in Cowell CP and the Sun is shining! just booked the ferry to Wallaroo tomorrow, seeing our trip has been dogged with grief do you think we should buy some floaties :p no seriously cant complain, would do it again anytime, except for the broken diff :wtf:

ps: tripped over on the way to the dunny last night now have a swollen wrist, knee and big toe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!good thing I drive a auto. :lol:

8. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Another great trip Geoff!!

9. Wattie

Wattie Active Member

Well, we arrived home in one piece :) I think this has been one of the most eventful trips we've been on ! With the fantastic help given without compromise of former work colleagues the problems that were thrown at us were overcome with lots of laughter, jokes and good natured ribbing on the shortcomings of the venerable VW :lol:

The weather on the home journey was cold and wet :cry: I think at one stage the cold front actually waited for us to move so it could keep us company!!!!!!!!!! we decided to take the Ferry across Spencer Gulf to Wallaroo, the trip was well worth the money, cost us $186 all up. Because we had Sophie we had to stay in a reasonably protected area to the rear of the on board café, as we departed Lucky Bay Sophie was not to sure about the vibration coming through the deck but eventually settled and went to sleep under the seat, that is until the Ferry did a U turn at the destination with lots of shuddering and everything rattling as full reverse was applied, that was it, the great big brave Bluey was trying to crawl up Irene's leg in fright! she returned to her "In Ya Face" self once back in her VW.

After 5500 Kilometres so ends the great epic, aside from a couple glitches the company was wonderful, and yes would do it all again, right where to next ?

10. saabman

Welcome home Geoff :D

:lol: We had NO dramas but seem to be the only ones that arn't keen to hitthe road again - Kombi is now up for sale :eek:

11. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Great to hear you are back home again guys.