1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perth to Esperance and back

Discussion in 'WA' started by camper queen, Nov 17, 2009.

1. camper queen

camper queen New Member

A little while ago I took my 74 camper to esperance and back. it was the first major trip while in my possession (although apparently it has been cross austraia and back a few times).

will try and post photos as i go...

We went via inland via lake grace

[​IMG]

then headed to esperance, out to cape le grand national park. absolutely beautiful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. camper queen

camper queen New Member

we then went through fitzgerald river national park, one of the last remaining wilderness areas in WA. the gravel road was a little corrugated in places but all in all, not too bad.

[​IMG]

on the western side of the fitzgerald river national park is point ann, a fantastic place for whale watching. we must have seen about a dozen different whales during our one nights stay there, they were about 100 m out from the beach.

the campground was nice too....

[​IMG]

after that, we headed along the south coast to denmark and then inland to fernhook falls campground. really nice, complete with a camp kitchen with gas cooker and plenty of campsites. there were even a couple of cabins available (we opted out to fully utilise the camper kombi).

[​IMG]

3. camper queen

camper queen New Member

on the way home, the kombi wouldn't start, i thought something had happened to the ignition switch because it would cut out when i tried to start the engine... so declan had to push us down the hill...

... still had time for a quick snap

[​IMG]

we found out later that it was a loose cable going from the battery. all the gravel roads had caused it to bounce off... easily fixed.

4. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Love your pix guys, we are heading to Perth next June and are heading down via esperence way. this trip. never been that way yet.:)

5. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Hey thanks for the pics,really...they are great.:)
    We dont seem to get many happy snaps from our friends in WA.
    I love that beach pic...just makes me wanna get my gear off and go for a walk.

6. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Settle down steve, could get bitten by a bee.:lol:

7. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

:lol: Nah no probs there Brian...i'm at one with nature....;)

8. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Steve, would love you and you family to head over the nullabour, we would be there with you.you would have a ball.:)

9. bonnie the kombi

bonnie the kombi Member

Thanks for sharing the pics. You probably passed through a little, tiny town called Wellstead, between Esperance and Albany. That's where I grew up! Makes me homesick looking at the photo's, such a beautiful part of the world:heart:
    Linda:)

10. camper queen

camper queen New Member

i remember wellstead! i think we went to the roadhouse there for a refuel (as we did a fair few times...)! beautiful part of the world, big sky country and heaps of bushland.

11. Bennyharp

Bennyharp Member

Old post but just looking at them after reading your very unfortunate story with the police. Great photos i can't wait to get home from europe and take off around australia again