1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet Corner

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TIPRAT, Apr 21, 2008.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

That's an amazing likeness, Misty was almost a skeleton when she found her way to us through the bushes. We had just lost our other cat a week before, I swear she knew we needed her.

2. Resol

Resol Active Member

Great story, and I believe your right Lorraine!!

3. Resol

Resol Active Member

Hi all you pet lovers!!

Just a heads up to all the people that live in the warmer climates (northern NSW to the cape)

The emergency clinic I work at has seen a dramatic increase in Paralysis Tick case since we have had a few slashes of rain lately!

Just this Sunday we had 19 hospital admits with 11 of them being Tick cases!
    Please remember to check your pet daily for these nasty parasites and get to a Vet ASAP if you find one or find a crater like skin lesion (small volcano shape).
    These tick can be found anywhere on your pet and Tick preventatives are NOT 100% guaranteed to keep them off your pet!

Tick symptoms are:
    Change in vocal sound
    respiratory changes (exspiratory grunt/laboured)
    Wobbly (Drunk like) back legs
    vomiting/regurging
    Cant stand or walk

Take care all!!
    Grant

4. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Grant thanks for the heads up, it is a huge worry especially with double coated breeds where they cant be found easily.

5. AdamBorzy

AdamBorzy New Member

showing off king-dog... :lol:

Attached Files:

6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

I just wanted to make small tribute to our beautiful cat Pandi who sadly is no longer with us. She spent her last couple of days in her happy place, a kombi, but lost her battle on day two of our recent journey to the Griffith Bus Stop.

Pandi was 15 and the only animal I had ever bought from a pet shop. She knew she was 'special'.

Pandi ruled the roost looking down on her many other fur friends, she was Dad's girl and spent most of her time home in his arms, lap and bed. In April 2012 (Andy's birthday) she became ill. It had vets baffled and it quickly took over her body. The decision was made to let her go.
    [​IMG]

On her 'final' day the vet told us her thought he could save her, he had researched and found what she was suffering from Cryptococcosis, a very rare disease.

Pandi spent the next two years on medication and regressed once. She had operations to ease the pressure on her nose and eventually returned to her almost normal self.
    [​IMG]

Molly the kombi arrived home yesterday after breaking down at Griffith and I just cannot bring myself to lift the rock and roll bed up to unpack Pandi's stuff. It may have to stay there some time.

I look at my remaining fur babies and there's Ruby the 12 yo mongrel dog all grey and lumpy with milky eyes but still full of beans, Mia also 12 a recent survivor of a tiger snake bite, Misty 13? the feral who came out of the bushes and decided she wanted to live with us, all aging. Then there's Rocky the 5? Staffy cross who's totally devoted to me.

I wonder who will be next to break our hearts but not for one minute would I not have wanted to share my years with any of them.

7. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that Lorraine. Hope she finds a kombi over the rainbow bridge. xx

8. nickc

nickc Member

So sad Loraine. It has taken us 4 years to get over our beauiful companion, so finally we now have our new baby girl Tillie IMG_1033.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  9. Alice in Kombiland

Tillie is very cute :heart:

10. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Lorraine, you have me in tears, I don't even want to think about saying goodbye to my fur kids. They are such a huge part of our lives and so very loved. I am sorry you no longer have Pandi, she truly was a fighter with two very devoted parents. :heart:

11. Alice in Kombiland

This is Random Kitty who also found us a couple of years ago. She literally walked in our front door. She likes to help me work on the Kombis.

10177280_10154063222560114_145077658030921856_n.jpg