Planned Events At The Bus Stop 2007

Discussion in 'The First national Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007' started by melissa, Mar 4, 2007.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Friday 6th April; Arrival at Eaglehawk Caravan Park from 2PM
    Set up, meet and greet.
    Bring a dish or plate for dinner as a group.
    Wind down evening. Musical instruments
    optional.

Saturday 7th April; Mystery drive departing front of Eaglehawk
    11AM with questions to answered on the way.
    Arriving at destination for lunch 11.45 - 12MD
    Lunch is $10 per adult. Kids meals are available
    Freetime to explore Canberra after lunch.
    BBQ dinner
    Trivia night with crazy hats from 7PM in the Camp Kitchen inside Caravan Park. Non-campers are still able to be involved ( I have confirmed this with the Caravan Park)

Sunday 8th April; Easter Egg Hunt in caravan park from 8AM
    Drive to destination Weston Park for a BBQ and
    display with a picnic lunch. (Weston Park Road, Yarralumla)
    Open to suggestions for Sunday evening.

Monday 9th April; Packing up and heading home.

Everyone is welcome to do as much or as little as they want to be involved in. There is time on Saturday morning before the mystery drive to go shopping (ladies we can leave the kids with the dads and get some retail therapy or just groceries,.... yeah probably just groceries) so don't panic about having to bring too much stuff with you.
    My mobile number is 0414 547437 if anyone needs to get hold of me. :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  2. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Easter Sunday Night

Well done Melissa

Some may be interested to know that the Brumbies are playing the Waratahs on Sunday night - we are planning to go.

Anyone else interested? http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=BRUMHOME07

We are staying at the National Folk Festival at the Exhibition Centre down the road (Thursday to Monday nights) and will join you for the Saturday and Sunday morning convoys.

Doug & Dale

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  3. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Hey Melissa, well done! - but don't forget the seminars and forums! I will be holding a seminar "Kombi maintenance for cheapskates (or How to restore your bus using only paperclips and liquid paper)". I also believe Hemp will be holding a forum "Cubism and Art Deco - Implications for Kombi Interior Design". ;-)

4. HempKombi

HempKombi New Member

Thanks for that woz, now I really need to get the interior done, and maybe add some round bits to it, just need to work out how to get the saw blade to bend....

5. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

not to mention his reverence "roy" and his sunday morning surmon . at 7 am sharp
    i have the collection plate ready using a vw hub cap ! im out to rattle your pockets or your kombi will be rocked and your tent pulled down

6. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

you beat me to it Tom
    Confessions will be taken on Sunday morning and it wont go any further

Tom thanks for giving me the heads up on the Adelaide's well known childish behaviour. I will be putting out traps in the night, to catch unwanted guest's

I will be wearing padlocks on my pants just in case Dave is there

7. melissa

So instead of Spongebobsquarepants it will be ReverendRoypadlockpants :p

8. 1975 Westfalia

1975 Westfalia New Member

RAINBOW of kombis

I think it would be a classic photo opportunity to line up a selection of kombis to make a rainbow. I've always wanted to do this; it's on my list of things to do before I turn 40 (time is rapidly running out!)

Does anyone have a purple kombi? If not, we can substitute a white one and I can fake it in Photoshop.

Another idea: I've also worked out that we would need about 32 kombis to spell out the word KOMBI if each letter was three kombis high. Can we make history and do this at Parliament House? It could be used for next years National Event publicity.

9. melissa

Hey Ruth, you have some good ideas there. Small change of plans though..
    Parliament House turns out to be a bit difficult so I have found another park for us. We can't actually drive onto the grass but they have heaps of parking and lots of facilities at a place called Weston Park. I'm sure we will be able to find a place/places to get a good photo shot...maybe some Canberran members can come up with a suggestion for that?

10. 1975 Westfalia

Shoot the kombis

Thanks Melissa. I have not been to Canberra for so many years, but lets ask the locals. Ideally, we would have a large green space that can be viewed from above as much as possible, either a hill or a tall building. I've seen people use a cherry picker for such a shot but I don't want to run into expenses here. I've got a video camera with a powerful zoom, but I believe there to be others with still cameras who can shoot the kombis!

11. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

mel i have to k.c. banner , its packed , last time we used it we strung it up between some trees , im not sure if any one closer to canberra could bring some 3 foot droppers , i think we will need it for the photo shoot

ps your injectors are in the glove box of susy

12. Necro

Necro Active Member

Hey Roy,

A padlock...? :) I feel besmirched....
    As do all Dave's around the world...

Just whats in your pants that's so precious...?

Dave (Hoping I'm not the Dave he's referring too...)

13. HempKombi

HempKombi New Member

Kombi spelt with Kombi's, now that is a cool idea. As mentioned though, the hardest part would be get high enough above the word to photograph it properly. Maybe I'll bring my step ladder?

14. 1975 Westfalia

Hemp I have seen photos like this done with pre-organised scaffolding and the effect was great. A cherry picker would help, but I am hoping there will be a hill or building to take the photo from so we can arrange this without additional expense.

I'm glad you like the idea of doing the word KOMBI with kombis. I don't know of this being done before.

15. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

There has ben some scheming going on lately.... I wont say much more aside from...

A) who likes David Bowie?

and

B) who is old enuff at heart to remember the Twist?

:D

BTW... love the ideas re making pictures and text from Kombis! :cool:

16. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Aaaaaaaand that said I just got an idea as to how we could get our aerial shot, and some exposure while we are at it....

Anybody considered tipping off Channel 10 News?

COuld be a daft idea, but I figure I'll thrpow it out in the ring anyway! :D

17. melissa

I was going to shoot off an email to all the networks tomorrow as its my day off work tomorrow...you beat me Kieren!

18. HempKombi

HempKombi New Member

Maybe everyone who is going to Canberra can send an email to each network each day until we get there.
    And if they don't respond that why, maybe somebody can be chained to a roo bar.....oh wait, I think that idea has already been used ;)

19. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

There's a major lookout in Canberra (is it Black Mountain?) that you can get a very good view from, down to just about anywhere you want to look. That may help you with your "aerial" shot.

Baz

20. Marty

Marty Active Member

I've got a 300mm lens but we'd need to pack a cherry-picker or something. Maybe get all the clowns to form a human pyramid??