1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plastic fuel line (yes again with fuel lines)

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by nils, Sep 15, 2015.

1. hairyman

hairyman Active Member

Nice! Put me down for one in that case. Once you get enough names together for a second run let me know :)

2. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

Rencently replaced part of my fuel line, short bits from tank to pump and through filter. Wanted to get around to finishing the whole line but had not had time to investigate and get around to it. Would love to fix the line up before kicking it over again for piece of mind. Glad you are posting this info. Perfect. Please post more about this pipe and let me know how it goes. I might nab one from you if doing a second order. I'd need someone to ship to SA though.
    Nice one

3. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

More pics and stuff too please

4. nils

nils Well-Known Member

will do next time I am rolling around under the van

5. avwboy

avwboy Member

nils, put me down for one also please

6. beastieboy

beastieboy Active Member

My fuel hose I replaced read "Volkswagen. 1989" I was thinking I might wanna change that. Original has more than pulled it's weight there. Stupid not to really. Had the original factory pressed kinda hose clamps.
    I will mention I used screw clamps to reconnect the new line but I'm not happy about them. Gotta be something a bit safer and not so easy to tamper with.
    Any ideas?

7. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

How about the factory type, they are readily available but need special pliars to fit them

8. nils

nils Well-Known Member

I think everybody got their at old bar? I still have one for Rob next I see you.

New list,
    Hairyman
    Nick -vwboy
    TerryS

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    hairyman likes this.
  9. TerryS

TerryS Member

Am I too late for the party, when I freshened my Wife's T3 DOKA engine I found that the fuel line was dripping on the starter motor. I hate to think what could have been. Replaced with fresh rubber but any chance I could purchase a alloy pipe Nils?