1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your roadside assist photos here

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by ruby6689, Dec 28, 2009.

1. 73kombi

73kombi Active Member

At this stage I am aware of burnt valves only, I have to put off repairs at this stage until I have enough spare:eek: cash to facilitate fixing it. My mechanic has indicated that that if it is limited the valves will be around $2K BUT could be as much as $3.5K depending on what he discovers, I trust this bloke as he has been pretty up front since I have been using him and came highly reccomended from fellow Kombi owners.

Debstar likes this.
  2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed .
    Good to have someone you can have more confidence in.

73kombi and Debstar like this.
  3. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

consider brand new heads.

73kombi and old grey like this.
  4. Debstar

Debstar Well-Known Member

They were,Well supposedly they were new under 12 months ago :mad:

5. Mr Beckstar

Mr Beckstar Well-Known Member

And here's Elly-May on the way to Forbes....not :-(

IMG_0996.JPG

73kombi, MAP77 and Debstar like this.
  6. Debstar

Mr Beckstar likes this.
  7. 73kombi

73kombi Active Member

Bummer but it will be a diffeerent story for 2017 mate :rolleyes:

Debstar and Mr Beckstar like this.
  8. Mr Beckstar

That's for sure Phil. And if I do break down I'll get her towed to Swansea LOL :D

ruby6689, 73kombi and Debstar like this.
  9. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Were you tempted to tell them you lived in Forbes, and get it delivered there? :rolleyes:

jobell, Mr Beckstar, ruby6689 and 2 others like this.
  10. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Hey, Chris...Sharon...73 Kombi ...and Deb

So very saddened to hear of your trials and tribulations, particularly at a time when expectations run so high. I have followed your unhappiness and have marvelled at the brave and somewhat humorous front you all put up on this thread.
    Respect..... And although I have not met you..... Affection.
    (Hard for me to say that..... Because I am a total p#*#k.)
    If you need help drafting nasty letters to negligent mechanics with irate demands, I am very good at this. Just ask Kai. PM me.
    I keep a log of people whom I will go out of my way to ruin and similarly, people whom I have formed the view that are superior souls.
    I look forward to the day when I can meet " ewes "and I hope that would not be too far distant.
    In the interim, persist and persevere and take solace in this bunch of lovely people.
    Until then
    Respect JD:cool:

Syncro27, jobell, Mr Beckstar and 4 others like this.
  11. 73kombi

73kombi Active Member

Thankyou JD, your legendary skills of the written word proceed you, we did meet at Sawtell, but with the weather and all and so many people it is easy to forget a face or a kombi :) I will PM you and I, we all look forward to seeing you and marveling over the wonders of the red grape.
    Cheers :D

12. Mr Beckstar

Yes, thanks JD. I'm trying hard to just move forward and enjoy the Kombi experience :)

73kombi likes this.
  13. Debstar

Thank you JD we did meet at Sawtell our first Busstop. We came away feeling we had a new family, part of a tribe of good natured helpful souls. This became even more apparent when poor BillHily got sick at Forbes. I will never forget seeing a bunch of blokes around & under the back of Phil's Kombi trying to find out just how crook he was! Or over the weekend same bunch getting Melissa's Little Red running so she was literally purring yep that was both of them o_O
    Your wisdom precedes you JD & we are grateful for the interest you have shown & the thought that your mighty pen may soon be delivering some come uppance! Hope we see you at the next Busstop where we can show off our beautiful area :D cheers

73kombi likes this.
  14. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Phil and Deb,
    My apologies.!
    Quite clearly, I was not at my best at Sawtell. I have vague memories of nearly drowning one night, when the dam burst on my camp and being rescued by ever patient Paul of Ninga infamy and Brad of the immaculate dark green and cream "69'er".
    After that the weekend was a blur of kindly and concerned looking faces.

I must make amends, and shall one day in the future.
    JD in Adelaide:cool:

73kombi, Debstar and ruby6689 like this.
  15. Titch

Titch Active Member

J.D. you may as you say were not at your best at Sawtell but I would dare to say that your vino was! The few samples I managed to knock off when you had your back turned and pontificating to all and sundry were very palatable. I agree you must thank the Riverina mob for saving you from being flushed to gawd knows where that loverly night. We are honoured to be quoted as your saviours, or Paul is to be honest, I did have a dream of saving your wine celler but no one woke me up. No wonder Hercules gave up the ghost on the way home. Overloaded with unused plonk! Give me a call next time. Titch aka Vincenzo, el Magnifico!

john doherty and Debstar like this.
  16. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

I now believe in omen. Popped into my local to fill up and pulled up at pump #6. Filled the tank and went to pay $66.66. Returned to find a pool of wet stuff under the left side that wasn't there before. And it grew and grew and grew. Bugger that. New'ish tank, VanCafe reseal kit, grommets, hoses,etc, etc. Mmmm, called the NRMA for a free ride home, now to find the leak (it's up top somewhere only lost a litre or 6). Explains the unusually heavy fuel consumption lately even though I have been behaving.

[​IMG]

73kombi and Debstar like this.
  17. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I bet the service station was happy. Hope it's an easy one. Nice looking T3.

Debstar likes this.
  18. Uke Baby

Uke Baby Active Member

My T3 did the same. The first time I noticed the leak at a servo I was about to call a tow truck but the leak stopped. Seems that it only leaked during the fill. Drove it home pulled the tank. Couldn't see any issues with the tank so replaced all breather hoses, cross over tube and all rubber grommets, sender O ring. Put it back together, went to the servo and filled it and it leaked again. Ended up fitting a new tank from just kampers. That fixed it. I went over the old tank with a fine tooth comb but couldn't see why it leaked.

Debstar likes this.
  19. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

I had the same with my '82. It turned out to be one of the breather hoses on top of the tank.

Ian

20. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

Yes Ian t'was indeed a breather, the hard to get at one - not the easy one that connects to the cross-over pipe. Done with tank in now hoping all is well. The devil's DNA was all over it - no idea how or why it came off.

Debstar likes this.