1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your roadside assist photos here

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by ruby6689, Dec 28, 2009.

1. grumble

grumble Active Member

Bert when I had the service station one of the console operators had the great idea that because people were always running out of fuel and didn't want to buy a fuel can we would lend them a can,so he pulled 6 new fuel cans off the shelf and proceeded to lend these to needy customers after about 2 weeks we had no cans left and he started to do the same thing again. Unfortunately for him my sense of humour and charity wasn't as good as his,consequently we didn't have loaner or gift fuel cans anymore along with numerous wheel braces,shifting spanners,screwdrivers etc.

Debstar likes this.
  2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Les, understand that but offered to pay for the can as a 10 minute loaner (I was 100 metres up the road), return & fill kombi, return fuel can and adjust price of fuel purchase less return of can. He missed out on 55 litre 98 fuel sale.
    Too many lazy dishonest people about - I've lent tools to wife's family on her request against my wishes only to have to replace them at my cost - she didn't contribute neither did her family for replacement ..... and she wonders why I don't engage with them when they've cost me $$$$$ on numerous occassions.

StevieVW likes this.
  3. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Hey Bert, is a this such a familiar story, and don't they get pissed off when you tell them to bugger off, got a neighbour did the same thing had to keep chasing my equipment , last time he came around I told him there was a charge of $10 a day, and havnt seen him since.

KahunaKombi and StevieVW like this.
  4. KahunaKombi

Chris, never thought of using the daily charge line.
    Went to collect my Kárcher pressure cleaner the wife lent to her sisters husband, their daughter answers the door and when I ask for it she can't find it or the box & neither could I & she doesn't know what dad has done with it so I just said get your father to get it back from which ever of his mates he lent it to to big note himself today as I need it tomorrow to use my HPC @ my place .... was returned damaged but it wasn't him who returned it sent it down the road with one of the kids :confused:.

5. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

I ran out of fuel 200m from a servo earlier this year, they only had the large $40 jerry cans for sale. I did think at the time that I would have forked out a $50-$100 refundable deposit to borrow a jerry can.

Grantus likes this.
  6. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I'm sure if they charged double the new value as a refundable deposit on a loan can...... it would be "win-win" for everyone. :rolleyes:

People like us, would happily pay a refundable deposit, return the can, (and then buy more fuel), and thank them for the service.

Others could pay half as much to own another new can.

People that don't take the loaners back, would make twice the money on each can for the servo owners. ;)

Debstar likes this.
  7. chris taylor

Hi Bert , what a bum, if you borrow and break ,you explain and replace , no dramas then, send it back via one of the kids broken with no explanation then don't ever knock on my door again , related or noto_O, sometimes rellies are the worse types, sons especially ,but at least I can raid his shed:)

8. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

morning all. you break it you own it

Debstar likes this.
  9. KahunaKombi

Chris, that was 11+ years ago ..... vented my displeasure on the Mrs as it was her who said it would be ok for him to borrow it then told me - yeah like after her loaning my boxed quality drill set to same BiL who would not return and me having to go and take them back AND replace 4 missing or broken drills @ my expense a few years earlier. I lend none of my power equipment or tools but am happy to help if a small job and that way I know I take them home with me :p Not an unreasonable request.

10. KahunaKombi

Like with cars - you borrow, you bend you MEND :eek:

Debstar likes this.
  11. chris taylor

Luv it Bert, the way it should always be:cool:

12. Joy Kombi Wolfsburg

Joy Kombi Wolfsburg Well-Known Member

Here is Joy. 'Bus Stop' says it all... IMG_6156.JPG

Debstar and Wayne murray like this.
  13. stusbus

stusbus Well-Known Member

Oh no Anne-Marie not Joy !!!!!! :(

Joy Kombi Wolfsburg likes this.
  14. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Do you know what is wrong?Not good :( when being towed .

15. Joy Kombi Wolfsburg

Joy had a run in with a mechanic in Gladstone. He charged me $1070.60 to replace a STARTER MOTOR!!!!!! Stuffed the job and used an "auto electrician" to put a bypass on my ignition fuse (which doesn't exist) because he kept blowing it! My auto electrician here ripped out all the s#%t that this other bloke did and then replaced the ignition switch which was the problem. Breathe, breathe, breathe...

Syncro27 and chris taylor like this.
  16. chris taylor

Hi Anne Marie.
    Hope its not terminal.:(
    Looking forward to catching up with you and Brian at the bus stop:) 2017

17. chris taylor

Well at least its not terminal thank goodness.:)

18. Joy Kombi Wolfsburg

Hi Chris, I'll be there. Not sure about the big fella at this stage.

19. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Good to hear that it's been looked at and problem worked out and hopefully sorted :)

20. chris taylor

Ah that's great, fingers xd for the big fellar