Post your roadside assist photos here

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by ruby6689, Dec 28, 2009.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Chris, match the revs and there is no crunching ...... the take off is like doing a clutch start ..... then smooth gentle changes - if you try to force it or to fast then expect the crunch :confused::(:eek:

syncro likes this.
  2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I've done it many times. In the early 1980s all you could buy were crap Beetle cables. Even genuine only lasted 12 months.

chris taylor likes this.
  3. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Hi Bert, yep, you are correct, if you know what your doing ,i drove heavy rigid freezer trucks for a number of years which had 9 speed Rd/ranger boxes in them so you had to learn very quickly how to go up AND down through the gears , that stood me in good stead should i do a clutch cable , in a funny sort of way i do miss driving those beasts, any how to old now for that sort of thing. ahhhh memories......

4. chris taylor

Geez Bert , tempting fate were we .

5. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I bet that if you drove one now that you would hate it. "How did I ever drive that crap?"

A bit like split screen Kombis.

Wayne murray likes this.
  6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Nah Chris ..... was only a couple of K's away but interesting and a bit of fun ...... refreshed driving skills as it was 1972 when I had to drive from Cabramatta to Northmead (NSW) in my 1962 Beetle - about a 36 year interlude :eek::confused:;)

chris taylor likes this.
  7. chris taylor

yep Phill ,you could be right , used to have a Splittie, 1956 era i think from memory , sold the damn thing for a $100, was in top nick to, could kick myself now .:(

syncro likes this.