1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your roadside assist photos here

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by ruby6689, Dec 28, 2009.

1. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Does NRMA charge extra for Kombi Owners :rolleyes:

2. saabman

I just popped the photos into I photo and selected make a calander ;)

There is a big button that sayes buy Calander but when I press it it tells me I havent put all the photos in yet so I expect when I fill up te calander I press buy and send my credit acrd details then a calender turns up in the mail ;)

Yep just looked further into it and for $26.99 plus $6.99 postage I can get cool personalised Calander delivered to my door ;)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  3. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

:lol: :lol: No but they should.....but don't tell them it would send me broke !

4. greenbay

greenbay New Member

Lorraine,i don't like this thread.i'm about to set off on a very long trip in a 33 yo vehicle,it's making me a bit edgy:eek::wtf:

5. Resol

Resol Active Member

If you want a Kombi Calender...
    A company called Brown Trout publishersDo them..
    www.browntrout.com
    I have got one for the last two years here on the Goldie..

6. ruby6689

'Unworry' as the NRMA add goes :lol:

7. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

i'll never forget the racq guy breaking down after picking up jules... i had to loan him tools!

[​IMG]

8. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Buy a T3!! After all you still yearn for one.:p :lol:

9. ruby6689

That was a classic, his first week on the job and the RACQ truck got a flat tyre....no tools, thanks goodness Curtis had some or we would have never made it to Jule's 'special' camping spot that she got bogged in that night :lol: Gav was not having a good day, buy boy we never stopped laughing.

A pic taken before the tow truck broke down.

[​IMG]

10. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

I freakin LOVE it! :lol:

Okay, so I understand that break-downs aren't the coolest, nor best memories to be reminded of in the form of a calendar... but for some reason it gives me a smile looking at these pics in this format. I guess it makes light of a situation that (at the time) probably wasn't the greatest. Yeah, I'm a fan. :cool:

11. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Active Member

Maybe a mix, a classic pose of the particular kombi in all it's lory and then the reality snapshot pictures down the left hand side of the more memorable breakdowns.

Just a quick question for you all, how the hell do you afford the tow truck trip and still smile afterwards?
    Touch wood none of my kombi's have ever been on the back of a tow truck, while I owned them anyway. That was the thing that stopped us coming to Mt Gambier, if Kombi did die how the hell were we going to afford to get it towed home. My luck it would die heading into the caravan park gates applying max embarrassment value and max $$$ to get it back home.

T1 Terry

12. ruby6689

DON'T YOU READ TERRY????????? NRMA $171 A YEAR FOR PREMIUM CARE, THAT'S ONLY $3.30 A WEEK.

All our kombis are on Premium care, wouldn't risk not having it.
    When Molly broke down at Xmas we were put up in a motel while NRMA towed and stored Molly, then organised a hire car to continue onto our destination and then we came home with the NRMA and Molly in tow. :D

13. saabman

$177 thats not bad when you consider it cost me $50 to hire a trailer to collect mine when it broke down earlier this year.

14. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Active Member

OK, how far will they tow/flat bed the kombi? Can you specify where it's towed too? I have only thought of NRMA for roadside breakdown assistance and being a mechanic myself I couldn't see the sense in that. Seeing all these kombis on the back of flat bed trucks had my wallet puckering up big time.

T1 Terry

15. HempKombi

HempKombi New Member

I don't have any pics - except mental ones. During my last weeks in Melbourne I was having serious electrical problems - ongoing really for about six months. Needless to say sebs wouldn't start, so everytime I needed to drive him somewhere, called the good ol' RACV and they would show up within a half hour and he be running again in about 30 seconds. It was always the same guy who showed up, and on about the third time he said "you don't you just get rid of this junk." Even had to get a jump to drop him off at his new owners house! (hope the new owner doesn't read this!).

Missing you guys heaps and heaps! I plan to hit another Easter soon (but not this one :( )

16. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Terry - Premium Care will tow you all the way home (over 100kms) if the car is going to be off the road for 2 days or more. If they can get you to a mechanic close by that can fix it, they will put you up in a hotel while you wait - or they will give you a hire car while your baby is towed home - if you need to be somewhere in a hurry. Normal Roadside assistance has a limit of how far they will tow you for free - but their main aim is to get you off the side of the road and to safety. Its definitely worth it if you are travelling - and much cheaper than paying $50 or more for a short tow somehwere - and much much cheaper if you are a long way from home.

17. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

RACQ Ultra Care is a real lifesaver.Over the years i've called on these guys for one reason or another.......one roadside assist episode in 2005 stands out more than the others where Bessie's rear tyre had a blowout on the riverside express(no emergency stopping lane).:eek:
    I got( a very pregnant )Kat out of the bus to stand behind a barrier while i slide up beside Bess in on coming traffic to attempt to change the tyre.I had no room and no success.:umm:
    Moments later my mobile rang and it was Department of Transport they had spotted me on their cameras and Kats big pregnant belly..it was amazing service,they must of ran my licence plate thru the system,called RACQ and then called me to advise they see me and help in on the way.RACQ got there in record time and rescued us.Sorry no pics...but it did happen.

18. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Active Member

Only 100km tow, if I broke down 100kms from home I wouldn't really need the tow truck, ring a mate and stiff bar it home but Mt Gambier might be a big ask. There is no real value in being towed to the nearest garage for me, I don't think I could bring myself to pay someone else to repair something i could do myself, just wouldn't be logical.

T1 Terry

19. ruby6689

NRMA premium care covers you for more than 100 klm they cover you to the value of $3000 this includes the accomodation and care hire as well. Cost us nothing at Xmas time and we were well over 100 ks from home.:D

20. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

No Terry - OVER 100kms from home - not just 100kms - OVER - you have to be OVER 100kms to get Premium Care

got it Terry - OVER = MORE THAN
    :lol: