1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your roadside assist photos here

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by ruby6689, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Royce

Royce Active Member

Madam G is a whore!

Well my first ever road side assistance was needed last night with the most expensive second hand vehicle I have ever bought. She threw her shoe and heel, and went down on her knees in a less than lady like manner. She left me stranded on the side of the road, with skid marks (!) and a feeling of being abandoned.

In the light of day, I realised that all was not as it seemed and she has some major issues which will require a more sustained effort to make her comply with my complex personal needs. She may need to reassess her abilities and be willing to learn some new "tricks" and be more flexible in her approach.

I also took the chance to check out her arse while she was vunerable and looking the other way, and she has a bad case of drooping bum and is in desperate need of drastic and immediate corrective surgery and probably some well deserved cosmetic intervention.

So therefore she is "in retreat" at Betty Ford at an undisclosed location, detoxing from a life of over indulgence, and will be forced to take on a more conservative lifestyle if she is to maintain her position in our famly (a submissive position with a shit load less attitude!) In the spirit of that other Ausralian classic, East of Eden, she may come back as a Vogue Model with a new name and identity!

Here is the "before" after the hissy fit last night...
    [​IMG]

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

I was alarmed to hear of your troubles this morning but pleased that neither your self or Brian were harmed other than getting the fright of your lives.:eek:

Lets hope the Madam is fixed and back on the road very soon so you can start your adventures with her on a much happier note.

3. Royce

Royce Active Member

And i really want to say a big thank you to Brendon and Linda and Claus for helping me and Brian out BIG TIME, and giving us a bed and a very welcome pizza and glass of wine. And to Andrew for driving 6 hours round trip to come and collect us and take us home.

4. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

What a little bitch she is Royce.:mad:
    If you need a hand in any way you have my number so please give me a call.:)

5. Royce

Royce Active Member

I need a crop and some stilletos! Stat!

6. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

As Lorraine said we are very glad that both you and Brian are safe, steel is easier to mend then people.
    We hope she is back on the road soon without needing an overdraft.

7. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

:lol: I've got the crop, but not the stilletos.:lol:

8. Royce

Royce Active Member

Thanks everyone. I am starting a new post on G's surgery as soon as I get a clear picture of her damage and her needs. Cosmetic stuff is going to have to wait for some time if I am to get her any where near roadworthy...

9. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

hope its back on the road soon boys..glad everyone is ok:) ..and this was ur first drive:eek:

10. Resol

Resol Active Member

Best wishes Royce, Andrew and the boys..
    Hope Madam G is fixed up quick and back to enjoyment mode..

11. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

Just to break the ice and i wish Royce it all ends up ok i will post this photo which some may have seen before it will puit the thread back onto the topic this is how hard us Raa patrols work I stopped for a few mins to have a break and was befriended by this maggie

I helped a kombi on the sth eastern freeway some time ago the people where kc members they took photos but i have no idea who they were i hope they post the photo of that i actually do work hard

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  12. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

:lol: That's your driveway isn't it Tom? Another hard day at the 'Office'?

13. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

hey tom...we know all the best shadie places to park....sometimes when i get a cancellation i go to the broadwater and hide under a nice shadie tree:D with the seat right back and all the windows open:D ..usually spot an racq guy doing the same:lol:

14. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

I know lots of hidy holes but The Raa have gps tracking on there vans in case of emergency they always know where i hang out !! but alas you cant beat a shady tree !

Lorraine my drive way !!!! na mate im a hard working patrol !! who is currently on a well earned holiday hahah

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  15. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

here is mine

[​IMG]

Rev.

16. Guzzler Chief

Guzzler Chief New Member

Sorry no pics but I snapped my clutch cable last night on the way home from work, it went on the on ramp to the motorway but I managed to get Martha to the next exit as I was stuck in 4th and pull in a slip road and had a nice skid/stall stop !!!! Then to add to my woes my mobile battery went flat so had to find a pay phone, took me a few minutes to work out how one of these work !?!?!?

Lucky my RACQ membership is still in place, runs out next week, need to make sure I pay that !!

Upon the arrival of tow truck I thought I would get some photos on my camera, yep, batteries flat on that also !!!!

And icing on the cake, Martha was due in for a service today !!!! Thankfully Jack has done an excellent job as usual and I am now back on the road ready for the easter weekend.

Thankfully noone was hurt and Martha did not sustain any damage.

17. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

And that's all that matters. :) Glad to hear everybody emerged relatively unscathed.

18. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

I got some ill post in a sec.

19. vwcamper76

vwcamper76 New Member

hahaha am in stitches ohhh no depression, anger and a little relief to no it happens to other kombi owners its not just me lol.

My 76 kombi camper has been on the tow truck so many times i have lost count.

The best one though at this stage because i predict many others 100klm's north of Tennent Creek road train hard up me bum no where safe to let him go past or pull over for him. we started back firing and losing power quickly hazards and CB radio on to let the road train now what the hell was happening. Finally he past and we rolled to a safe off the road spot. Thinking points or lead has come of NO nothing loose nothing we could do. now the hard part no phone reception thank you telstra once again. 1hr later when a 5th wheeler pulled up to help thank you to the other cars that wouldn't stop. he gave our details to the station 5klms up the road the where there in 15mins and towed us to there place. Where we rang RACT and the towtruck driver who said we would have to wait over 12hrs for him to get to us becuse he was 700klms the other side of alice springs and had another job to go to. ahhh it was getting better. He said he could pick us up at 8am first call out for the next day. So thank got we had a bottle of jacks and beer cold : ) drownd our sorows.
    He was on time at 8am the tow truck was old and could not get bus onto it ahhhh we had to get 2 wooden planks and hold the steering and hope for the best after the bus spat a plank out and almost fell of the dam truck we where on the way back to wonderful Teenent Creek whooo hoo.
    The mechanic could not fix the motor so had to ring RACT again to organise the transport to Darwin our 14hr bus trip for two and hotel room for 2 nights all for the one price of member ship every year go to love the Ultiment road side assit.
    The van arived in Darwin 4 weeks later after it was missing in transit some how?
    the bus had melted number 3 cylinder and piston had melted $4500- rebuild.

Many problems later but i still love the kombi even when i am yelling and threatening to push it in to oncoming traffic lol

Pisces likes this.
  20. kombicharlie

kombicharlie New Member

[​IMG]

Betty's first tow due to a snapped a clutch cable.... drove through Nelson bay and back to Newcastle before getting towed 10km to a mechanic to replace it. The towie was really nice, freaked him out a bit when the kombi lifted the truck's front wheels.

The accelerator hinge broke the day before but managed to rig it up till i fixed at a friends place in Sydney.

Bennyharp likes this.