1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power issues - Cracking out carbies.

Discussion in 'Engine & Transmission' started by CoffsKombi, Sep 4, 2008.

1. CoffsKombi

CoffsKombi New Member

Have a 2 litre kombi. Took it to mechanic as seemed down on power. We have come up with the following symptoms....but as yet no solution.

Starts and idles great
    When you pump peddle and it gets a hit of gas from the accelerator pump it picks up revs just fine and runs well till that hit of fuel is expended. Then if you hold throttle at 1/4 reves it starts to crack out carbies as its running to lean.

Just had carbies completely overhaulded bu Carburettor Services in sydney..so i assume they must be ok

Looked at all obvious causes.......any ideas

2. CoffsKombi

CoffsKombi New Member

further to the above.........if you conect back up the air cleaner it corrects its self. But we believe its still running lean....?? strange

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I know I say this all the time but look for a Vacuum leak.....Are all the little rubber hoses back on and are any cracked or split ....... remember a vacuum leak will cause the engine to lean out ..... look to your balance lines as well as idle elbows and brake vacuum lines .... You've had those carbies off and you've been meddling can you hear an extra sucking that wasn't there before?

4. jman

jman New Member

check the intake manifolds are sealed at Carb and Head.
    Something that has been overlooked by even the most seasoned of mechanics.
    If there is a leak there it would cause erratic throttle and lean running.