Pre-Winter Campout

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by Tickle, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Tickle

Tickle Active Member

By popular demand, the pre-winter camp will be held again this year at Laanecoorie over the week-end of the 1st, 2nd & 3rd of May. Hopefully the weather will be as kind as it was last year and we'll also have the place to ourselves.

For those who plan to come along, could I please ask you to consider grabbing some wood on the way. We had an amazing fire last year to cook over and to ward off the cold, which is what every Kombi enthusiast needs. Dogs are also welcome. Laanecoorie is not far from Melbourne and is a cheap week-end of fun and frivolity.

http://www.laanecoorie.com.au

It will also be my 50th,so it would be lovely spend it with my Kombi friends and share a few (or many) celebratory drinks. Cheers

KombiFringe, john doherty and BrianK like this.
  2. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

And Mother's Day is on the weekend after, not like the past two years we been there. Not sure yet what we are doing. As Cathy works weekends and has done for past ten years, it's not easy to get time of unless for holidays. We are toying with holidays but, bus stop, lanecoorie or just head to the sun somewhere. ?????????????

3. Bennyharp

Bennyharp Member

I'm in. Looking forward to it.

4. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

You bugger Benny, where were you last 2 years, lol. We won't be going, would have to sit around for a week due to the way Cathy got time of. We will be in Townsville on the 1st may. Looks like maybe next year.

5. SurfWagen

SurfWagen New Member

Had to find out where it actually was first. Do we book under KombiClub?

6. Sam 2 can

Sam 2 can Member

Sam & Margy will be there

7. Tickle

Tickle Active Member

Hi,
    No need to book, just rock up and pay when you get there. There's plenty of space, remember to bring some wood if possible.

8. Tickle

Tickle Active Member

Just a reminder for all coming to the camp, to bring some wood.
    After being at busstop it seems we will have quite a few buses.
    I'm still hoping my bus will be ready, but if not we'll be there in a tent. (Shudder)

9. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

We not be there this year, was gunna be in Townsville, them plans gone and now we will be in Midura.

10. Tickle

Tickle Active Member

Will be good to catch up with you guys, didn't get to say goodbye at busstop. Fingers crossed, I pick up my kombi with rebuilt motor this Sat

11. Bennyharp

Bennyharp Member

DAMMM!!!
    Was going to be there but have ended up with gigs. Could be worse haha.
    Have a few drinks for me everyone. Takes photos as well.

cheers
    benny

BrianK likes this.
  12. KombiFringe

KombiFringe Member

I might just come along, every time I have said , I'm in, lately the bus brakes something so I am being hopeful…..happy camping

13. SurfWagen

SurfWagen New Member

Unfortunately we didn't end up making it, how did the weekend go? I plan to make it to future ones tho.

14. Tickle

Tickle Active Member

We had a great weekend, great fire great company and Steve had an interesting new game with pieces of wood. I can't remember the name of it though, some old Viking game.
    We were lucky with the weather again, so I can't wait for next year, we will definitely be doing it again.

15. Tangles

Tangles Well-Known Member

I hope you didn't burn the giant Jenga just to keep warm. The scientist in me is interested in whether you burned as much wood as last year ....... and that was a lot.