1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queensland/Northern NSW first monthly meeting

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by mish13, Mar 25, 2007.

1. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

We had a good turn out for our first monthly meeting and the rain held off just long enough to finish the morning without getting wet.
    The next meeting date and time has been planned but Judy (Byronbug) will update you all on the details.
    Doug handed out a questionaire and I am sure will have a lot of great suggestions for future events.
    Here are some photos of our morning lined up for a photo shoot is in order
    Chopper (Rob with Joanie Fillmore) Ruby6689 (Lorranine and Andy with Maggie)Roy with Rose, Kombiclown (Alan with Ed) Mattman (Mat and Kerrie with Erb)Douggieboy Doug with sorry Doug I didnt get his name.Mish13 (Adrian & Michelle with Wilbur) ToniJ (Brett & Wife Sorry forgot your name) with Otis) Byronbug (Judy with the old girl)and not shown was spinner (kim without her unamed and unseen Kombi
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

More photo's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Great day :)

Great day today & the rain stayed away for us...
    Next meeting is Sunday 29th April meeting at 9.30.
    To be held at Winders Park Duringan Street Currumbin on the Gold Coast.
    We will be around the BBQ area between Thrower Drive & The Gold Coast Hwy(Not the Pacific Hwy) of Durringan Street.

This park is quite big & has BBQ's, toilets, tree shade, shelter areas, & runs along the water. Some of you have been there before, as we have had a BBQ there a few months ago.

So you can either stay for a coffee, have a BBQ lunch, or just a chat on the day, its up to you
    So BYO food, your company & a smile
    See you there.

I will be posting this up again in COMING EVENTS so spread the word....should be a great day.
    Judy

4. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Great photos Michelle...good turn up,fantastic to meet up with all the new members, a big effort by TonyJ who came all the way down from the Sunshine Coast, lots of laughs, and even a bit of planning..you forgot to mention that we had a not so happy secruity guy ask us to move off his bosses beloved grass, hence the later photo of us parked on the road!!!!!!
    Great to hear that Adrian and yourself have cancelled previous plans and are now joining us for the Canberra trip.
    We did get wet on the way home and were the the first on the scene after a car with 5 in it hit an oil spot and skidded off the road and down an embankment coming to rest head on into a tree. The fact that the driver was driving at a cautious speed saved them all from serious injury, not the same could be said for the written off car. Another car had also hit the embankment 100 yds away and 2 others also skidded and almost crashed rubber necking whilst we were there. Rain after a dry period sure cause havoc on our country roads.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  5. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Excellent to see the casual Qld way of doing things was adhered to.

Good on you Spinner for waving the newbie flag, even without your Kombi. Same can't be said for me I'm afraid, but I'll be at the next meeting - hope Lola's up and running by then!

6. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

nice gathering gang ,love the pics looks like you all had a great time chatting and driving . did i see andy sleeping on the lawn lorraine !
    i hope you had hot water at this event .

7. ruby6689

Tom,
    I think Andy was studying the grass to see what was so good about it! He reckons the grass here is much better!
    Yes the water was hot, but the service cold, not at all as friendly as your kombi 'cafe' Tom...........Lorraine

8. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Wow!

What a flash looking bunch of Kombis!

9. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Great Day

It was a great morning at Robina. Good company and great laughs. Kombis and a sense of humour seem to go together. All this despite the grass-nazi centre management and the personality of a few of the waitresses.

Meeting next month at Currumbin and looking at a camping weekend up here on the Sunshine Coast in July (Noosa). Water temp still 19-21*C. Didn't even wear a wettie last year. Good surf on the spit/river mouth, First Point or numerous breaks in the National Park.

Toni, George and I with "Otis" are fact-finding this early next week and will supply details to Roy before posting them on the Forums.

10. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Camping in July sounds great. However I have a problem.

We use our LandCruiser as our "camping" car - with 3 kids and a ridiculous amount of camping gear, we'd never fit it all in the Kombi. So my "problem" (if you can call it that!) is: which car do we bring (or both)? Or we could just leave the kids to fend for themselves at home (although they are all younger than 11)? Or we could just bring the absolute bare basic camping gear with us and all pile into Lola?? The kids could probably sleep on some nice grass instead of a camper bed anyways. :)

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone in the world had such a small "problem" like this?!

Look forward to hearing more details Toni.

11. Marty

Marty Active Member

You could try 'test packing' the kombi before you go, you'll be surprised how much you can fit.

12. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Well Kyznet that is a dilemma,we've got a 3 yr old maybe they could all stay together:eek: Oh my god! There should be between 12-16 Kombis going wouldn't have to pack to much major cooking gear etc happy to share,they have barbies there, we'd love to see Lola,maybe you could strap the kids to the beds on the roof? Okay sorry just thinking outside the [] Would love you guys to come along what ever you drive!
    Will keep you updated Toni:)

13. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

3 yo, coupled with a 4 and 6 yo and a very mature (or so he thinks) 11 yo, sounds like fun! Maybe we could spread them amongst the other KCers?? Kidding!!

If they have cooking facilities, we'll just bring our tent and bedding and a bit of food to keep the ferals happy. I think it would be blasphemous to bring a LandCruiser to a Kombi meeting, and I wouldn't get out of the driveway without feeling guilty about not bring Lola.

So count us in - one way or the other in Lola. Yippee

14. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Thought about a small trailer, just for the camping gear?

15. ruby6689

That's the spirit kyznet! Where there's a will there's a way! :) ........will see you there.....Lorraine

16. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Melissa, I suggested that to husband, but he pointed out the fact that we have no towbar on Lola. Duh!

6 yo said it would be "against the law to leave Lola at home Mum", so let's consider it a done deal.

I think you'll hear my kids arriving anywhere before you hear the roar of the Kombi engine. :)

17. Trailer?? Full length roof Rack?? I'll dig up some pics of my families annual pilgrimages to Moreton and Fraser Islands in Kombi's and the amount of stuff you fit in one is way more than you'd ever get in a Landcruiser. Hell on a couple of trips we even took a lounge suite and a pool table!!!(we were away for 4 weeks and you have to be comfortable!)

18. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Hey LITLL, I'm with you with regards to a few luxuries when you're camping. We're off down to Mid NSW for a week's camping over Easter and people are scoffing at us for taking a bar fridge with us as well as a huge esky. They say bringing a fridge is not really camping, but as long as it keeps our drinks cool, the world is a better place.

Can't wait to hear more details about this trip we've gotta cookin'.

19. kom123

kom123 New Member

The same people that will have no hesitation to bludge a few coldies off you once they have emptied their 6 can holder styrofoam eskys!

20. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Boards as well....

As long as there is space for the boards....

Leaving on Sunday for a fact-finding mission so will post some photos of facilities and site when we get back.

Here we come, trial run with the 3 yo. Wish us luck.....

Brett,Toni and the "G"