1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queensland/Northern NSW first monthly meeting

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by mish13, Mar 25, 2007.

1. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Re the trailer

Its suprizing just how much gear you actually do need and just how little space there is in a kombi. I drag my trailer all around Australia. It slows you down but whos in a hurry? I wouldn't be without my cammo trailer for my cammokombi ha ha! I'll be up in Nthn NSW and Sthn Qld after Canberra. I'm going to Nimbin so might explore a bit north after that. Maybe we can catch up for a coffee somewhere?
    Regards,
    Cammo
    [​IMG]

2. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

kom123 - you've obviously been there, done that. Been on the receiving ends of lots of thirsty looks, that is!

Toni - look forward to hearing how you went with your "look see' with the 3 yo. Am sure it will have been fine.

Cammo - let us know when you're in the general area - I'd love to see your set up in the flesh.

3. Spinner

Spinner New Member

i'll be IN for a camp in july. could possibly be on my own so will probably have tons of space. can take anything extra that doesnt fit into Lola, kyznet. I am a scout leader after all and i do pack very light. am also great at camp cooking, and have loads of stuff that keep kids occupied!!

my scouts are camping the middle weekend of the school holidays so any weekend other than that one will see me there.

hopefully my kombi will be up and running by then. god help the mechanic if it isnt!!!

4. chopper

chopper New Member

Love the Sunny Coast; we'll be there. Will take my wetsuit though!!!
    Chopper

5. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Thanks Spinner - PM me your address and I'll drop the kids off! :D

So, does that make our camping weekend the 21/22 July??

6. Spinner

Spinner New Member

In typical form, i cannot find my diary. when are the school holidays??? who am I????

if the 21/22 july is not the middle weekend of the holidays then i'm on. i have a bull bar that i can strap kids to - i dont have a mascot yet. it would have to be a smaller child, their arms waving in the wind would be very distracting. the bigger ones i could put on the roof rack - i'm sure i'll have one of those by then, its on my list. my address, ummmm mental blank - sorry!!!

my kombi has no back seats as of yet. it makes it easier when i go somewhere - can only take 1 person. i'm sure it will all end in tears but hopefully not mine!!

7. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Spinner, the middle weekend of the holidays is 30 June and 1 July, so I'll set up a separate thread to see who's interested and then we'll think about booking accommodation.

Yippee.

8. Spinner

Spinner New Member

what a bad mother i am. i would just like to hope that kids never have holidays. it usually means that i have up to 10 kids at my place at any given time. and those teenagers eat like there is no tomorrow....

go for the new thread you good thing and lets see who is interested and get some suggestions of where to stay

whooo hoooo!!!!

9. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Check the recon report

Ladies and Gents
    I have already posted a recon report from 3 days at Munna Point, Noosa on a different thread. Just waiting for Roy to get back from Canberra to finalise the dates and book sites.

If you want to travel light there is a huge undercover BBQ with washing-up facilities overlooking the Noosa River. Superb place to sit back over a beer and take in the sunset. Lots of backpackers in Wicked campers as well.

Chopper,
    surfed with a pod of dophins on Noosa Spit Monday morning with a rashie on but may pack the radiator long-sleeve top now. Depends on what your wettie is I suppose. Mine is a full wettie so only wear it a handful of times each year. First Point had a nice little wave working this morning with some of the local longboard set noseriding.

Kyra
    The almost three yo absolutely loved it and constantly asked when were out to go back and camp, even when we were visiting Nick at the Kombi Shop.

Found lots of kids to play with whilst Mum was fishing. Dad has RSI from pushing her on the swings. Also had to smuggle 3 yo's new bike home wrapped in a doona. Birthday on the 14th so that will be fun to keep out of sight for 10 days.

Stay tuned.

Brett

10. Kombiklown

Kombiklown Member

Hi Toni J,

are there any cabins for us with buses , not campers?

Cheers ,

Allan

11. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Hi Allan, no cabins it would have to be unpowered tent sites all around as no powered sites are available at all w/end 20-21 july,grey nomads head north for the sun & surf.Toni:)

12. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

No cabins or no powered sites...this may be a problem.
    Any other parks in that neighbourhood?
    Judy