1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rainbow Kombis

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus stop 2019' started by David H, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Looks like a lot of water (cooled bays), to make up that rainbow mist in those pics.....:rolleyes:

stusbus, Debstar and oldman like this.
  2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Need some mates Wayne to bring all 3o_O to be part of all the rainbow:cool:. I've got some volunteers;).
    Cheers

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Debstar likes this.
  3. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

PLEASE contact Deb regarding this idea.
    She has gone to a lot of effort to bring TBS2019 together and it would not be fair to drop this (good) idea on her on the day....
    Just sayin’......;)
    Cheers,
    Mark

Debstar likes this.
  4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Think I might throw someone's OCD with my bay ;)
    Golden yellow lower and powder blue upper. :D

Debstar, oldman, Quombi and 1 other person like this.
  5. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member

Yes I was wondering about the split colors. Depending on the angle also. We could be blue, white, off white with red stripe or if taken from above then sunburnt and grey unless the sunroof was open then it’s anyones guess as to what the occupants where wearing..... ok maybe I’m over thinking this. :p

Debstar, David H, cbus and 1 other person like this.
  6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Purely a suggestion David to move so that attendees @ BS could be aware of it as something to plan towards :rolleyes:

Debstar and David H like this.
  7. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Turn it on it's turret then the blue & yellow will be closer to where they are in the rainbow :p

Debstar, David H and cbus like this.
  8. David H

Done;).
    Cheers

Debstar and oldman like this.
  9. David H

Maybe;). Split colours comes back to the way the photo is taken & what part is seen. Most split colours have white as the upper! But if lower colour is visible & an aerial photo this would be around the visible colour. In my minds eye it's a follow on from the lead cars which are the long term BuStoppers & the colours of those buses (& how many after) dictating how we line up the rainbow:).
    I know Debstar is organising a brick pattern but this does not limit a rainbow pattern:p:eek::D:) with the brick pattern.
    Could attending Mods remind me of your bus colour.
    Melissa Depends Red?/yellow
    Oldman Yellow
    Alpal Blue /green
    Lorraine Yellow
    We could start those yellows on one side, step back for movement of spectrum until we get to Alpal (forward again) & that puts all long term BStoppers in front row & rainbow in brick pattern behind;):D:oops:.
    Splitties & rat to fit accordingly:p

Deb to comment here! Don't want to upset the organiser:oops:;).

Cheers

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Debstar likes this.
  10. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I think I will have the 75 which is Wattle and white.

Debstar likes this.
  11. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Yup, mine is Wattle and white(poptop).
    Cheers,
    Mark

Debstar likes this.
  12. Debstar

Debstar Well-Known Member

Hi all, yes David did message me with this idea & the logistics are doing my head in to be honest. :eek::eek::eek:We'll have over 70 Kombi's to line up, reading this thread there are some whom are bailing on the idea & the photo & the reason we have the photo shoot is to show every one who was as BusStop.
    I know from Swansea how much hassle we had just getting folks in to park up, there is always a small % who want to park where they want, typical family members :p
    The other problem is getting all Kombis off the road, my boys got hassled twice by the local cop to get them off the road, & that was with 3 of us parking everyone up. Admittedly we did have more Kombis but we need to remember that this quiet little sea side town swells to 8,000 peeps minimum during peak season :confused:
    Now I believe to successfully do this we will need at least 5 peeps one for each line & a person directing Kombi's as they come onto the field, as to what row they go into. The CVPark is just not big enough to do this beforehand.:confused:
    There would be enough room as we are doing the photo shoot on the old footy oval, providing there has been NO RAIN please God :rolleyes:
    I have already asked Mark aka Old man to help with the photo shoot as it was his idea 're the brick formation & he is an old hand at BusStop :cool: Also they, like us will be in Mallacoota early & we can walk through all this to see if we can make it work ;) & I trust you will all follow his suggestions, please :D
    We also will need a drone to get a successful photo as there is no raised area, I do have a cousin who lives in Sale & is a photographer I MIGHT be able to talk him into coming with his trusty ladder if a drone doesn't come through.
    Love your enthusiasm David :) but parking this many Kombi's quickly & in some sort of colour formation will take some doing to get everyone to co operate & be happy about it too lol Perhaps a walk around the park on Friday night can give rough estimates of how many of each colour we have & how the rows can blend in to each other ;)
    I will also ask peeps when they post in the dinner thread (that's when we get everyone back in posting) to also post what colour their Kombi is & will add to my spread sheet :D
    We will also have our cruise & I have organized a place for us to park together in town (now that took A LOT of doing I can tell ya :confused: ) no one do any rain dances for next Easter :cool:
    Please remember the whole idea of Bus Stop is a social weekend, with NO stress, other than fancy dress costumes of course o_O
    VW Family fun :)
    Cheers :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018
    David H, melissa, cbus and 1 other person like this.
  13. Debstar

Looks great but there are only 28 Kombi's in that pic & they are parked Very Close together so if you have a second row it's not going to be seen & brick pattern wouldn't work that close together. Me thinks if we do this it will have to be our own unique layout ;)
    BTW BillHily is Blue & if we do this he will also be in the front line :cool:

David H, KahunaKombi and melissa like this.
  14. David H

There were a lot more than 70 at Swansea:p but you did that so well in a city of 500,k. 8,k is not a busy city;).

Mine just a little mind;) with boldness to covero_O. Thanks for contemplating this Deb:D. I'm sure I can round up a few marshalls to facilitate the park up timely & the knowledge before of colour would be great:). So gate keeper send to colour marshall & colour marshall parks according to shade of colour . Given they won't enter in colour/shade sequence to make our job easy;). Space allows the collection of colour shades/groupings in an area by marshalls before the park up;)? (So marshall decides if its in the start/middle/outer end of his spectrum & musters accordingly. I'll coordinate with marshalls how to do this;)). Colours & spectrums need 5 areas. Marshall throws from front to rear their colour pack. When all mustered they move them into brick pattern:p. Well that was easy:mad:!!!!?????

Gunna have to find another pattern to show how my 'minds eye' sees it.
    Cheers & thanks for contemplating this & hope it doesn't add too much to your work load.:oops:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  15. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

what colour mortar are you having in your brick pattern;)

16. David H

Natural oval turf:D. Colour will depend on rain:p.
    Cheers

17. David H

I'm into this colour stuff;). We'll be there thursday so we can have a 'walk thru' then;).
    Cheers

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  18. Debstar

Haha true 're Swansea the count was 116 Kombi's & that was NOT putting them in colour formation lol as for the actual photo we were very fortunate in having a good friend who had a professional drone, he was able to fit everyone in & the clarity of the pics was awesome & incorperated our beautiful lake :D
    We will not be so fortunate in Mallacoota unless one of our members has a drone that takes pics??

David H and Grantus like this.
  19. David H

I'll get a drone if necessary;). This whole colour thing is a MAP77 idea & seems to be my carry:eek: & I'll follow thru:p.
    Cheers

20. David H

Is that Bus Stop Col;)?
    Cheers