1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raising the rear

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by JasonB, Nov 20, 2020 at 4:36 AM.

1. JasonB

JasonB Member

Hello forum, I have had my Brickwerks lowered springs (Eibach) and Bilstein shock in my van for under a year and whilst they work great, I find the van sits lower in the rear, its not sag it always has, I do have a Subaru engine fitted so maybe in weighs more than a 1.9 WBX, I know places like Go West sell the spacer pads, but i was wondering if anyone has made some or know where I could buy some in Australia.
    Also how thick are they, if I fit 10mm spacers will I get 10mm rise.

I was thinking a nylon kitchen chopping board would do to make some out of but wasn't sure if this thickness of the board is thick enough.

Regards
    Jason

2. grumble

grumble Well-Known Member

The chopping boards come in various sizes or double them up. just don't tell your wife where they went.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JasonB, johnvw, oldman and 1 other person like this.
  3. mackaymanx

mackaymanx Active Member

I read somewhere (thesamba?) that 10mm spacer will give 20 mm rise, just because of the position of the spring pad on the arm.

grumble and JasonB like this.
  4. JasonB

JasonB Member

Thanks for your replies, strange my wife has asked me if I have seen the chopping board. (-: I found a template on the web and will start with a 10mm chopping board as thickness and see what height I will achieve.

Wayne murray, oldman and grumble like this.