1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random acts of kindness - they do happen

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by BrissyGeorge, Oct 24, 2018.

1. BrissyGeorge

BrissyGeorge Active Member

Last week I was on the south side of Brisbane, heading home and wondering where to stop for a decent coffee (I`ll admit I`m a coffee snob). I stopped at a set of lights right on a free way on ramp - green light ..GO - nup...bang as the accelerator cable snapped. Not really a problem - like all good kombiers(new word?) I carry a spare and a tool roll. The only problem was the location - the start of the on ramp. Anyway out came the spare cable, tool roll and ground sheet and I was just about to start when a chap suggested I roll back down the hill and into his yard to do the job. Great Idea.

Backwards I rolled - he guided me and even called his sons out to give me a final push into the yard of his ceramic tile shop. Insisted I have a coffee before I started. The coffee snob in me thought of instant coffee but I figured it impolite to refuse.

Into the lunch room and there was a ginormous commercial espresso machine and in no time he (Yousef) had whipped up a professional quality cappuccino PLUS a biscuit...does it get any better - yes - he was a classic car buff so we had a good old chat PLUS his son had just sold a low light dual cab - wow - -coincidence. BTW He still has the front bumper complete with rubber mats each side which he would like to sell...........

Back out to the yard and I was on my way in about 20 mins.

So... to Yousuf Meer of Meer Tile Market in Underwood and heartfelt thanks - -my tip for Forum members......................... if you want tiles, that's where I would head - just a nice family - and great coffee.

cheers

Jethro, Syncro27, Mordred and 11 others like this.
  2. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Great news story there

3. Snow

Snow New Member

What a lovely story, thanks for sharing.... I can recall many times breaking down in an awkward place but me too have had helpful people to help give a hand to push my girl off the road :)

4. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

The kind thought and generosity of people is still alive:D and hasn't completely died :(. Nice story

5. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Loved your story BrissieGeorge:D. Wonderful people in our world;). Just when you lose hope in humanity something like this happens:). Your bucket was due for this:D. Thanks for sharing & nice you had a spare cable:p...must be a plan B guy;). I've got the only 2 spare cables you need in a kombi under the back seat. Just a picnic blanket for the ground sheet here;).
    Did you buy the bumper?
    Cheers

6. David H

"Random acts of kindness - they do happen."
    It's the Kombi way to do something for another with no expectation of a reward.
    Pass it forward;).
    Cheers

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  7. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

errrr ,..... Pay it Forward ? :rolleyes:
    Cheers,
    Mark

KahunaKombi likes this.
  8. David H

Yeah that one;). Sorta the same but one includes a football term:oops: & is wrong:(. Outcome the same. We all have a better life with help from others:p.
    Cheers.

oldman likes this.
  9. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

That is awesome.

Good people do exist - who would have thought.....:D

10. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Takes roadside assistance to a new level ;)