1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear seats!!!

Discussion in 'Splitty Tech Clinic' started by Roo, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Roo

Roo Active Member

I'm showing off my lack of Kombi knowledge and inexperience here but can someone tell me what rear seats will fit in my Split? I realise whatever goes in will have to be certified/engineered but will bay seats fit or are they too wide?

Cheers, roo

2. Dibsy

Dibsy Member

Hi Roo,
    I have a bay window rear full size seat in my 1957 Kombi, the legs line up to the floor clamps ok, just the little L brackets on the backrest are different to Splitty ones but just need fettling (i think the holes are slightly different between the two)
    Bay window middle seat also fits :)

3. Roo

Roo Active Member

Thanks heaps Dibsy. Not at the fitting stage yet, just sorting out what will work and what won't! Very much appreciated.

Cheers, Roo

4. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Roo, also the JK roll n roll bed seat will fit (it is adjustable in width). This gives you a rear bench and also a double bed. I bought one for my Split but I also have the original rear & middle seats.... not sure which way I'm going with seats yet.

5. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I bought a set of middle and rear bench bay seats for the 62 a while back, on good authority from the gurus here, that they are fittable.

So I'm assuming that is the case.

I know T3 seats won't fit a Bay or a Split...... or even a T4 because of the recessed step inside the sliding door.

6. Roo

Roo Active Member

Thanks Markus. You read my mind! I was thinking about the rock and roll as well. This seems like a more flexible option.
    Cheers Grantus, was wondering about the later seats also. They have a nice finish and would've been good in the panel.

Roo