Recommend this Kombi Business !!!

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Liv n Derek, Sep 9, 2008.

1. ozferret

ozferret Member

If you live in Western Victoria and need some trim/upholstery work I can thoroughly recommend Mark Griffin of Griff's Trim Shop in Ballarat, mobile 0418 519 702. He did my rock-n-roll bed and the end result exceeded my expectations, despite my rather vague description of what I wanted he nailed it :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  2. Julian Taylor

Julian Taylor New Member

Hey Guys, This thread is very difficult to sort through to gain a proper picture of what is going on. Why can't there be a list of businesses with there associated comments underneith ? Sorting through 7 pages :rolleyes:

3. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

4. Michael Gray

Michael Gray New Member

Veedub and Euro Center at Rocklea. 32768714

5. Marlin the bus

Marlin the bus New Member

I have use Right Price exhust for 20 years they are awesome and can build an exhust to suit anything.

6. gussusbus

gussusbus New Member

Volksrepair, Airport West in Melbourne. Ange and his team went above and beyond to get us on the road for a big trip. The workshop is so neat you could eat off it. Best mechanics we've come across so far.

Alice in Kombiland likes this.
  7. kimosabi

kimosabi Active Member

Hey Sunnyjim, what sort of $$ did you have to pay for the EJ exhaust... I'm about to get mine done.

8. Geoff Scott Mechanic @ yerra (just outside of Tiaro near Maryborough) very easy to deal with, very thorough and i believe reasonably priced for the quality workmanship and parts he uses. My kombi is sounding and driving the best it ever has. Recommend him highly :)

Miss Rosie likes this.
  9. wombatventures

wombatventures Active Member

Bought the trans for our Notch off Geoff. Top job and nice bloke to deal with.

10. 73 Kombi

73 Kombi Member

I have so much respect for Sixties Rust in Brisbane, they have been doing fabulous work on Trinity, removal of every bit of rust, preparing and welding in new steel, the stuff they do is concourse level, but with a basic bloke attitude, nothing is a problem, they love the old stuff and the old ways of rebuilding cars. I would recommend these guys to any enthusiast who is of an age ,where your word was your bond and cars were fixed properly, not replaced. What they have done Harry Potter could only do..

11. SunnyJim

SunnyJim Well-Known Member

Kimosabi
    Couple years ago about $300. I kept stock subie headers and they made the rest . Not stainless just mild steel

kimosabi likes this.
  12. RyanSmith

RyanSmith Member

I've recently bought parts from Ross @ Skinned Knuckles who does beam work and also George @ Fresh Kustoms who do front and rear suspension parts.
    Both were great to deal with and produce top quality after-market parts. Both located in Vic but shipping to Brisbane was super easy.

13. GuyD

GuyD New Member

Pete is an absolute legend of a guy and I could not recommend him highly enough. Please say hi from Guy (Porsche replica) when you see him next

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2018
  14. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Post edited as you had replied within the [...]QUOTE = now we can see your post ;)

15. Jako

Jako New Member

Fremantle WA: VW Repairs and Spares.
    Kurt Phillips and his mechanics have continued to provide great service, advice and quality workmanship on my Kombi for many years (even before I bought it)! I couldn’t recommend them more highly.

16. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Its good to find someone who you can trust explicitly with your pride and joy, well done mate .

17. BackintheDak

BackintheDak Member

Stoker Siding has closed it's doors but "Stokers VW and Byron Classic Cars" are fantastic to deal with. I have been sourcing parts for my T3 and I rang yesterday enquiring about a tow bar and I was speaking to AL, the guy who is Stokers Siding Garage and rebuilt my 74 1800 fourteen years ago!

Grantus and David H like this.