Red and White T3 Daily Driver

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Mellow Yellow 74, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Mellow Yellow 74

Mellow Yellow 74 Active Member

I haven't posted on here for ages but since the last post I have done a few things:

- Installed a VW Speedshop stainless exhaust. It gives noticeably more power up hills but is quote noisy and didn't stay "stainless" for long (yes I know stainless discolours etc)

- Installed the Rocky Mountain Westy aluminium tank because the aftermarket plastic one started leaking after about a year.

- Installed a new front heater blower because the old one seized up. What a fun job that is.

I have bought a new radiator and stainless coolant pipes after succumbing to the paranoia regarding these on the Samba, but haven't installed these yet because the originals seem to be hanging in there fine.

The front suspension is starting to groan and wander so I have bought new bushings and am going to tackle this soon. After much research I went with Lemforder original style upper control arm bushes and Burley Motorsports urethane bushings for the lower control arm bushings (front and back), Febi rubber bushings for the radius rods and sway bar and Powerflex steering rack mounting bushes.

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Sydney that knows how to do a T3 wheel alignment properly for when I complete this work?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    nils and Syncro27 like this.
  2. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

I use Paul at Tyresmart at Mortlake

There ia another bloke that does good work st Tarren Point

3. Mellow Yellow 74

Great thanks Barry, i did a search and the Taren Point place is called East Coast Suspensions so I will call them.

I am waiting for a delivery of parts from Brickwerks - I only placed the order on Friday and according to the tracking they are already in Sydney after the following trip via UPS: UK - Germany - France - Philadelphia USA, Louisville USA - Hawaii - Sydney.

4. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Take the Wheel alignment specs from the Bentley with you otherwise you will get whatever they come up with, thats been my experience anyway. When I started taking the specs with me always get a good result.

Dapom and Syncro27 like this.
  5. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Take the Wheel alignment specs from the Bentley with you otherwise you will get whatever they come up with, thats been my experience anyway. When I started taking the specs with me always get a good result.

6. Mellow Yellow 74

Good call Phil