1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rego HELP

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Happy_Camper, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Happy_Camper

Happy_Camper Active Member

2. Happy_Camper

3. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Start with a phone call with RMS or maybe a Blue slip person

Worst case a call to an Engineer

4. Happy_Camper

Thanks for that, yeah i would've thought the compliance plate from Sopru would've been sufficient?

5. jjdz

jjdz Active Member

our dormmobile has the plate saying its a 4 seater but when we got it the rego was only for 2 we had to get a new r&r bed get a engineer to pass it and take the paper work back to where you pay for the rego and get it changed a bit of mucking around but did not want to have a accident with someone in the back or pulled over think there would be big fines

6. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

What sort of rear seat do you have in the back?

7. jjdz

jjdz Active Member

it had the original r&r seat/bed. I think it ran out of rego at 1 stage

8. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Any original rego paperwork from NSW? Will give you the ammunition if you have this.

If rear seat/bed not in & compliant seat belts expect blue slip inspector hasn't checked compliance plate = a myriad of things over or under looked not to mention the inspector not being a friendly sole :oops:

9. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Yes but the blue slip person has to look at it. They don't do it at the RMS.

Years ago you did not have to notify of a change of seating capacity. That is why the RMS records show 2.

10. Happy_Camper

Ahh okay, I'm going to call the person who did the blueslip tomorrow, hopefully he says it's all good, hopefully I don't need another blueslip as he isn't local.

11. ozferret

ozferret Member

Looking at the pictures of your cabinets and rear seat I don't see any seatbelt. I assume they assessed it as seating the number of places with restraints.

Probably a good thing only fitted items are included in the assessment. I say this because when I recently had my T3 assessed (in Victoria) I had taken out the gas bottle and the stove top wasn't fitted, the assessor told me if they had been then it would have needed a certificate from an accredited gas person.

Great job by the way, an inspirational restoration.

Oops, just looked more closely, and I do see seatbelt - sorry (getting old and eyesight clearly failing).