1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing outer sill question

Discussion in 'Body' started by Farky66, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Farky66

Farky66 Member

Hi all,

Thinking of replacing my sills for the panel opposite the sliding door. Firstly, I was wondering what panels I need to buy to do this. Only the section below the body line needs to be replace and not the side panel. I was wondering how I weld in this panel then inorder to keep the body line?
    Here is the panel
    http://www.justkampers.com.au/211-809-586-outer-sill-offside-for-vw-t2-bay-1967-1979.html

Secondly, the section in the wheel arch that the inner sill is welded to needs replacing but I feel it is a bit excessive replacing the whole inner wheel arch panel. It is really only the bubble part that needs replacing. I was wondering if these are still available to buy? If so what website, as I managed to find one but it was sold out.

Hopefully my explanation makes sense to someone.

Thanks
    Lochie

2. Farky66

Farky66 Member

3. Blunderbus

Blunderbus Active Member

They have an aussie site, you should get a message advising when you click on the link - http://au.vwheritage.com/

If you are replacing the outer sill you should check out the inner sill in case it needs replacing as well, rear arch or front ?

4. Farky66

Farky66 Member

Hey Blunderbus, thanks for the reply. Iv been on their aussie site but postage is still $74 dollars off there which makes me think its coming from england at that price. The plan is to replace the outer and inner but the outer sill is the one giving me the most confusion. Also its the front wheel arch where its where the bubble panel is.

Thanks
    Lochie

5. Blunderbus

Blunderbus Active Member

look at the bus stop or jk sites for repair panels.