1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reVOLKS 2011

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by VanAime, Oct 9, 2011.

1. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Since there's currently no discussion of Revolks 2011 yet, it can only mean that people are so worn out by this fantastic event that they're all heading for an early night and what a great event it was too:D

We had a bit of rain down on the coast, but it did nothing to dampen the enthusiasm of all who participated. Nice to see a few Interstaters there too. Top marks to Melissa and hubby for travelling the distance and to Chocco and Summer (and kids) who travelled in a VW Golf held together by tie wire and muffler bandages:lol:

As I'll freely admit, I'm no photographer, but here is a couple of shots from the week-end. The first is a few of the cars at The Martian Cafe, Dean's Marsh..............

[​IMG]

Next was taken at the Birragurra Festival where we got the best parking spots around to display our VW's.

[​IMG]

2. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Next is a picture of the convoy between Lorne and Geelong............

[​IMG]

And finally, the line-up on the Geelong waterfront....................

[​IMG]

Hopefully others will have some better pics. We'd all love to see them;)

3. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

That pale blue bay lowered and on MB rims looks hot! As does the convoy and those great places - deans marsh and the Lorne road - thanks for posting them. Glad you all had a great time. Love the notch, too. And the split. Ok bugger it - I love them all :D

4. Choco

Choco Member

well what another great show put on by beerdoc and rossco, thanks guys

choco

5. lekker vee

lekker vee New Member

6. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

THanks to all that came and hopefully all that attended had a good time

And I have not got one pic to show for it but sure ther is heaps out there

BIG BIG hooray for Mel and Scotty for making the trek down from Newcastle Oh I do have one pic of Scotty but wont post it if he doesnt post the pic he took of me ha ha

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  7. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Doc
    We plan to be back next year. Good event!

8. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

Aime that is the bomb the pic of cruising down to Spouts creek

9. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM theers a cool blue twincab in the forground I wonder who might own that

10. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Wow - what a weekend. We had a fantastic time. Ok, so it's a long way to go but that's what a kombi is for - to drive - and drive we did! Little Red did 1512 miles from Thursday morning to Monday afternoon. We met up with old friends and new - great to see Alpal and Carol, Choco and Summa, Doc and Kay, Aime and Kat and Necro and Jedda. I even got to cuddle River!!. We then got to meet more of the Melbourne crew. Tam your photos are terrific! Mandy - your cakes are magnificent! Doc knows how to organise a weekend - the cruise on Saturday to that festival was awesome and then the cruise on Sunday from Lorne to Geelong along the Great Ocean Road to the waterfront was breathtaking! Nice to meet some KC'ers there -chatted to Marty and got to meet Frank (VolksVair). Thank you for making us feel so welcome and I would love to return.

Sorry if I missed anyone. :eek:

I have to show off the latest and greatest creation from Necro - he made me this spectacular bag, modelled on Little Red and lined with her curtain fabric.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

For those not in town this is a pic of the local rag photogragher taking a pic which they are putting in tomorrows Paper

[​IMG]

12. Choco

Choco Member

ummmmmmm dont know doc ;)

13. xerxes

xerxes Member

Hi VanAime
    There are some photos on my thread - ('my very 1st revolks') it was lovely to meet you and Cat, you made us feel very welcome sorry we didn't catch anyone to say bye but we hope to catch you at another meet
    Wendy and Shelley

14. xerxes

xerxes Member

I am having some fun trying to work out who is who with usernames and trying to remember everyone's names - thanks to alpal and caryl (and Butterfly) who kept us company on our own little convoy to Geelong and it was great to meet everyone :)

15. Choco

Choco Member

16. lekker vee

lekker vee New Member

Thanks Melissa.

Awesome vinyl work Necro.

lol...Choco, you are everywhere ;) and congrats again :)

Plus convoy cruise video here .... http://youtu.be/FSW-juBuKws

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  17. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Great to meet you both too:) With such lovely smiles and personalities, who wouldn't welcome you??

The thing I like about VW people and Kombi people in particular, doesn't matter who you are, as long as you have "Air Cooled Blood" you're part of a wonderful family.

I once bought a prestige car and joined their club........and wasn't "monied" enough for them. I owned a classic car and joined a club and found it a bit cliquey, so I sold that one to buy the Kombi and never looked back. We come from all walks of life and it doesn't matter if you're a successful barrister or someone with the backside out of your pants, you're still part of the family and a family in which the black sheep get shorn with the white:lol:

Well, that's my take on it anyway;)

18. Alpal

Volkswagen: The peoples car!

19. Alpal

Was good to see the Celtic Kombi in the mirror. Looking gut!

20. Trav&Ren

Trav&Ren Member

Damn, I wish we could've made it but we had other things on and Marvin was up on jacks sans starter motor.
    It looks like such a great gathering.

Trav