1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REVOLKS 2014

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by Alpal, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

A great weekend of VW overload. Thanks to Doc and Rosco and all who attended. Twas great fun. We were late arrivals getting to Lorne about 7pm Saturday in time to join the crew for dinner at the restaurant up the road. Back to the Camp for a few drinks and catch up. Arise early Sunday for a red eye run along the Great Ocean Road to Geelong to display the VW toys. Another catch up opportunity.
    A fine example of early Kombi. Restorers dream?
    [​IMG]

2. Alpal

A few more pics.
    [​IMG]
    New design fuel wick.
    [​IMG]
    Only one on the paddock.
    [​IMG]
    And now for something completely different!

3. Alpal

Still a few more.
    [​IMG]
    Schmick Karmen
    [​IMG]
    Part of the Kombi line-up.
    [​IMG]
    One for Umberto!

4. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

Thanks for the pics Alpal we had 170 vehicles not bad turn out 40 up from last year in the rain

If people keep coming I will gladly put it on would like feedback on the booking side of things it was a hassle to ring but we kept the whole of one park for dubs only

Thanks to all who come you are the weekend

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Alpal, I might just something to match the Big Kahuna in the wardrobe - stay tuned :cool:

6. betsy

betsy Well-Known Member

Thanks Doc for organizing a great weekend.
    It was a sort of home comming for Suzanne and myself
    Cheers Jerome

7. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

The second week end in October........ReVolks...... how quickly does it fly. While our northern cousins are Barring up, us ultraviolet deprived Southerners look forward to Revolks. It approaches with glacial speed and departs with all the rapidity of a nod and a wink to a blind man ,interspersed with a kaleidoscope of colour, laughter, personalities larger-than-life and the resonant clatter of 40 or more air cooled engines humming Hitler's hym. Such a delicious irony that one of history's greatest warmongers, should leave us with the legacy of a motor vehicle universally associated with peace and love..... Or in the case of revolks.... A whole lot of lovinnn' and a piece of fun .
    For myself, it had been a long six months since bus stop at Griffith and determined to get my Kombi fix, I left early Thursday morning and 850 km later ,pulled into Lorne caravan Park.
    Kissed on the proverbial s by the good weather fairy, saw the next three days blessed with sunshine , laughter and a universal joi de vie throughout the camp . So reassuring to see the indefatigable BierDoc and Rosco generally preside over proceedings and deliver the " "Arthur " address in honour of their late father on Saturday night . Friday and Saturday saw much coming and going , and arriving and departing, to that familiar accompaniment of laughter , good-natured exclamation and Kombi hugs by the dozen .
    If you were not having a good time, then you had ".. theriouth ithyouze'..." demanding of professional help.
    I fled Sunday morning after the mandatory three laps of the main drag in Lorne arriving home approximately 9 PM Sunday night with 1700 km on the clock.
    So reassuring to see familiar faces , catch up , drink way too much and generally spend the day (.. and night ..)
    laughing.
    So....Doc....Rosco....and the delightful Kaye.......and all ewes udders... thank you so much
    .for the organisation,the camaradie and espirit d"corps. and most of all...... reaffirmation that us Kombi / vee dub. drivers are truly amazing human beings worth driving long distances to spend such fabulous time with..
    Now counting down for bus stop at Sawtel next Easter. Going by the
    registered attendees to date.,. it looks like.it is going to be an absolute cracker!!!!!
    A weary but happy JD in Adelaide:cool:

melissa likes this.
  8. Tangles

Tangles Well-Known Member

I have finally made it home. Around about 5000k in seven weeks. ReVolks rocks.

Why do I have vague memories of people talking about trying for the Old Bar/ReVolks double en convoy next year :D

9. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

I wanted to do that this year but co-pilot not keen but Kaye

10. deeksy62

deeksy62 Active Member

great weekend, great weather and great fun, thanks Doc and everyone else involved, ready for next year.
    Some pics from Lorne
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steve